Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Multiple second input delay

by mteles0112

Original Post

Highlighted

Multiple second input delay

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone else having the most insane input delay ever right now? My connection is full bars with 16ms, but the last 3 games are completely unplayable. Inputs taking full seconds to register if they even register at all. Tried resetting router, nat is open, I'm so frustrated. Any suggestions or should I just try again next year?

Message 1 of 10 (326 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi there, @camerontuff.

I'll see if we can find out why this is happening. Did you also power cycle your PS4 after you reset your modem and router? Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection?

Message 2 of 10 (288 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Please fix this game. Gameplay has been in slow motion for days. To add the time between I signal and a player responds is so delayed the game is virtually unplayable. I have tried just about everything on my side and nothing has made a difference including restarting ps4, modem, router, initializing ps4 and reinstalling the game, having my internet service provider send someone to confirm my internet speed is fine which is why I don’t have any issues on any other devices expect ps4 when playing fifa. I was and continue to get all sorts of error messages and disconnects despite all I mentioned and having a wired connection. Someone please get this game playable again!

error messages include issues with catalogue update 1 being damaged, inability to connect to ea, and disconnects at the end of games that result in loses.

Message 3 of 10 (277 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hello, @mteles0112

Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? Also, it might help if you use alternate DNS servers with these instructions: https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003048283-Changing-DNS-on-Popular-Gaming-Systems-PS.... If you don't see a difference, try the Google DNS servers. Those are: Primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - Secondary alt number 8.8.4.4. Let me know what happens.

Message 4 of 10 (266 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for making yourself available to help. I’m wired and I’m already using google dns. I’ve tried others all about the same results.

Message 5 of 10 (255 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@mteles0112 

Have you also tried opening the ports for FIFA? They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Message 6 of 10 (244 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I haven’t tried this yet but I’ve been looking into it for a bit now. I’ve gotten pretty far into the process but I will need some additional help figuring it out. Is there some way you or someone else can walk me through it?

Message 7 of 10 (222 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@mteles0112 

There are numerous articles online explaining how port forwarding works. You can also contact your ISP for assistance.

Message 8 of 10 (215 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I’ll try my isp. Thanks!

Message 9 of 10 (211 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@mteles0112 

Sounds good! Let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (170 Views)
Twitter Stream