Multiple Issues

by wildchev88

Original Post

Multiple Issues

★ Apprentice
This is my first time writing to any company regarding a problem/problems with a game but with the amount of problems I've been having with need for speed payback I've decided something needs to be said.
Issue number 1. After completing getting the required number of stars to recieve a shipment I checked the shipment menu to find that for the 4th time in a row there was no shipment there today. Not surprised, as I said this is the 4th time it has happened. This isn't a big issue but combined with all the others I have experienced with this game it is getting annoying at the least.
Issue 2. Holes, there are various spots throughout your map, that when driven over, swallow the car whole and drop it into a square box of nowhere I guess would be the best way to put it.
Issue 3. Horrible counting during multiple different races when it comes to hit objects. There are multiple races that have a side bet to hit objects, during these I have experienced that the actual count does not go up even remotely close to accurately unless I slow my car to a crawl then it will count every object but also result in losing the race. This makes these side bets unplayable and unpassable so i now have 3 races i cannot place a side bet on due to your games horrible count accuracy at race speed. This has also led to over $50k lost in game money trying to figure a way to make these work
Issue 4. Wraps/wrap slots! I own every unlocked car at this point in my campaign (215cars) [as i have been trying to take it slow and not just beat the thing in 3 days] and there are only 50 slots to even so much as paint a car a solid color, this is in unacceptably low number considering the hype your company has put on the vast customization options. There are a lot of options, but need more slots so all cars can be customized. There is also another issue with your wrap slots I experience about 80% of the time when leaving the garage the wrap is not applied to the car, resulting in a reboot of the game if I want to waste 5-10 min so I can actually have my created wrap on my car.
Issue 5. Slowing/ glitching, the further I get into this game the more "hitching/quick freezing" I experience both during gameplay and customization.
Now I'm sure this email probably will get pushed aside and never read but as a guy that games 6-8 hours a day as my form of entertainment due to being disabled from injury I do get a LOT more game time than the average person and that said this has been the first game I have ever felt strongly enough to email the company about due to issues I've been experiencing. At this point in time I am very disappointed in this game and have strongly considered going back to the crew as my go-to game in this genre. Not that my opinion matters to your huge company but I am going to wait before I make the switch back until after I see how this blog/these issues are handled. I recently recieved a survey from you guys about wether I would recommend this game to friends and family and at this time I would have to give it a hard no, please show me why I should change my mind
Message 1 of 7 (707 Views)

Re: Multiple Issues

★★ Guide

HI,

I got this far:

Issue 2. Holes, there are various spots throughout your map, that when driven over, swallow the car whole and drop it into a square box of nowhere I guess would be the best way to put it.

This is your issue, not the games.  It comes from not having enough resources to run the game.  I have experienced this first hand and once I increased my ram to 16gb the problem went away.  Some RIGs can run on 8 but 16 is better.

Post your RIG Specs, be interesting to see what you are running.

Issue 4: The Wrap and car slots in NFS 15 was only 10 I think it was, it is 50 now and people still whine - amazing.   Count yourself lucky they actually listened from 2015 and gave us 50.

Hope this helps resolve one of your issues.

You feel strongly, however, I feel you are wrong in your summation. 

Message 2 of 7 (683 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is on ps4 so the holes that I speak of ( in the same spots every time with screenshots uploaded to back up) are not my issue but the designers fault.. The biggest one is when you pull to the curb at the 90degree corner after finishing the riot club drag, the entire length of the curb has an invisible 2 foot gap between it and the road, the car rolls on its side and falls through . If you remember you had far fewer garage spaces in nfs2015. With the 4 garages bought I have unlimited storage for cars and currently have 215 (which includes all different variants of the same car) and 50 wrap slots. In nfs2015 there was at least 2 wrap slots for every car you were allowed to own. In payback as it stands now I am at less than 1 wrap slot per 4 cars. Does this help you to see the issue? It would be fine if you could at least do a color change and not have it take up a slot but that is not the case. So before you take my post for "whining " as you called it you may want to look into why this is an issue. As I stated in my post the fact that the game was released broken and not even remotely close to finished is very disappointing, if it took pushing back the release date to fix and finish the game that is what they should have done, other companies do. The poor response to customer claims and issues will be the reason I am already 1 foot out the door in this game to go back to the crew. If you can defend ea's poor customer service and lack of consideration for the consumer above greed so much so they would rather release a broken product than I guess you have found your dream game. As far as myself I expected more than this and will not fall for ea's scam again.
Message 3 of 7 (670 Views)

Custom Wrap is a WRAP

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After spending 2.5 hrs doing a wrap on the Nissan 350z (Saving along the way), the wrap did not appear when I left the garage. when I went back, it was showing up under custom wraps. I drove another vehicle and when I returned the only thing that was on my car was the base coat. After redesigning the car (again, saving along the way), Everything was close to how I wanted it, and again I saved. It was there for a moment and now the final decals(top layers) are missing. When I leave the garage, nothing shows on the car....AGAIN.

ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING & WHAT I CAN DO TO RESOLVE IT. (Only happening with Nissan 350z)

Message 4 of 7 (669 Views)

Car Designs / Liveries Disappearing

★★★★ Novice

Just one bad glitch after another. Does EA not have any desire to repair their reputation? Recently I had to complete missions with Jess standing on top of her car, and now the car designs I spent so much time working on (Xbox One-X) are disappearing. When the game starts, the livery for the car is gone. It reappears if I go into the garage, select the car, and open the editor, but then disappears again when I exit the garage. Why even waste time messing with the editor if EA doesn’t car enough to hire people who either know what they’re doing to begin with, or are competent enough to fix problems in a reasonable amount of time. This isn’t just the odd little glitch, here and there, but rather a ridiculously unstable world and gameplay. Just moments ago,  I went to a dealership and half the cars that were there before are now gone. All that remains are empty boxes. Shame, EA. Shame.

Message 5 of 7 (638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don’t know what in the Sam Hill you’re on about. I started the thread and your reply has nothing to do with my comments. I’m on the XB1-X and have plenty of resources. I have maybe 7 or 8 car designs saved and they simply disappear randomly on every car with every driver. I just watched it happen during a race. I think what aggravates most people, including myself, is that the design editor is supposed to be part of the game. Some of us enjoy messing with it as an overall experience. So when we spend time creating designs that simply disappear, it feels like insult to injury when you defend EA and say it’s us (and our systems) and not a game that is clearly a piece of garbage. I don’t know if you’re trolling or just have too much time on your hands, but I posted my original concerns in the hopes someone might be able to share something, anything, useful. The sum value of your reply is the suggestion for us to add “memory” to our Xbox One-Xs or PS4s. That and to stop whining. I don’t know what’s worse: wasting time playing a broken game, or, having to listen to completely useless drivel that serves no one or nothing but nonsense.

Message 6 of 7 (611 Views)

★ Apprentice
Your thread? This is on my post. You may want to look where you are commenting. I started this thread and you commented.
Message 7 of 7 (571 Views)