Multiple Consoles (PS4's) on Same Network

by TrevT93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiple Consoles (PS4's) on Same Network

★★★ Newbie

Hello.  My brother recently moved in with me and we are having problems playing Star Wars Battlefront at the same time, on 2 different PS4's within the same network.

First note: I am a fairly technical user, so please don't hold back the technical nitty-gritty with me.

My PS4 is connected via ethernet, using DHCP but assigned statically at the router as IP 192.168.0.250.  His is connecting wirelessly to the router, also using DHCP but with an IP assigned statically by the router as 192.168.0.249.  The UPnP server is running on the router.  The router is a TP-Link TL-WDR4300, using stock firmware kept up-to-date.  Originally, there were no ports being forwarded on the router.

Every time we would try to play Battlefront at the same time, one of us would get the error "You have been disconnected from EA servers" when attempting to join a room.  Rebooting the router works for about one match and then the same problem arises again.  I found that disabling the UPnP server on the router and re-enabling it (clearing out the UPnP cache) effectively fixes the problem for one match, but after that it goes back to the disconnected message for one of us.  I attempted to port forward 9308 and 9306 to the wired and wireless PS4's respectively (since they are the only ones that seem to come up on my UPnP readout for the PS4's), but no dice.

(This, by the way, happens whether we try to join the same match as partners or two different matches.)

Message 1 of 12 (87,039 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Multiple Consoles (PS4's) on Same Network

★★★ Newbie

disable upnp .I have two ps4 no upnp. And it works fine 

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (73,331 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'd like to bump this as it's been about a week now with no replies.  I still haven't found a stable way to make this work for both consoles, and I haven't gotten any direction from EA.

Message 2 of 12 (87,007 Views)

@TrevT93 wrote:

I'd like to bump this as it's been about a week now with no replies.  I still haven't found a stable way to make this work for both consoles, and I haven't gotten any direction from EA.

I've heard of this problem with many different  multiplayer games. Have you also checked the official Playstation  forums as Sony may have an official recommendation on how to do this since it's their hardware?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 12 (87,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We've noticed a similar issue in Black Ops III, but no, I haven't found a working solution in the PlayStation forums either (incidentally, I have another thread going there with no responses...).

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MULTIPLE-PLAYSTATION-4-s-ONE-NET... - suggests that there are certain port openings one should watch for in their UPnP configuration.  With those openings, one should basically reset the UPnP server on their router and then manually forward the ports to the PS4's.  I tried that and the PS4's still opened ports through UPnP that weren't the ones I was forwarding.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/Two-PS4-s-on-the-the-same-network-cause... - suggests that static IP's should work, or failing that, put one PS4 in the router's DMZ.  Neither approach has worked for me.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/2-PS4-s-on-the-same-network-not-working... - suggests that using ethernet on both consoles (rather than wifi) should fix the issue, but I've given that a shot too, no dice.

In other news - the second PS4 in the apartment broke down this weekend.  Appears to be the PSU.  Going to manually replace it this weekend, but until then the only real problem now is sharing the one remaining PS4 lol

Message 4 of 12 (86,999 Views)

★ Novice

I got this for PS4 a couple of weeks ago and have been experiencing this problem.  When we first fire up the PS4s, we are able to play a few games together.  Then, we go to join a game and the originator gets in, when the partner tries to join, they are stuck at joining until they get the message "You have been disconnected etc.".  Two PS4s in the same house.  Upnp is enabled.

Trev - were you ever able to find a solution that worked?

Message 5 of 12 (86,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is pretty easy to solve.  It will require a laptop (either MAC or PC) with a VPN connection.  One PS4 will connect using standard WIFI connected to main router network.  The second PS4 will connect wirelessly to the laptop that is using the VPN connection on the same network (essentially using it as a second router).  This will assign it a completely different service provider IP address.

The key is to ensure the two PS4s are using two completely different IP addresses (not the IP address your router assigned equipment but an IP the service provider provides).

--Your welcome.

Message 6 of 12 (86,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with my 360s and Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare! Both of my 360s are wired to the same router. The response to my thread sent me here. I'll try one on wireless and one wired and see if that helps. Will report back if it solves the issue.

Message 7 of 12 (84,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

disable upnp .I have two ps4 no upnp. And it works fine 

Message 8 of 12 (73,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@maughanora434 

Thanks for the tip!

There's some additional solutions found in this post too.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cannot-play-with-roommate-on-same-wifi/m-p/7420250#M358

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 12 (73,264 Views)

★ Novice
@maughanora434 not for me, can't even play BF5 all on my own now that I did that!
Message 10 of 12 (62,940 Views)