Movie Night Questline bugged in New Game Plus

by The_E_HLP

Original Post

Re: Movie Night Questline bugged in New Game Plus

★★ Apprentice

Already confirmed by EA_David about a week ago. Just thought I'd give you a heads up that they are aware of it. Standard smile

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-Game-Plus-Special-Quest-Items-Carrying-Over/m-p/5952889

Message 21 of 74 (1,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Great to hear... read... whatever XD

I'll do a second normal playthrough in the meantime then, with bumped up difficulty.

Message 22 of 74 (1,860 Views)

★★ Novice

can you complete the quest despite this bug ? can anyone confirm ?

Message 23 of 74 (1,840 Views)

★★ Apprentice

PC Origin user here

Okay... Mine was a little bit weird

I had 2 completed save file

1. Male Ryder, Normal New Game,Completed priority ops, Completed movie night questline

2. NEW GAME PLUS from NUMBER 1, Female Ryder, Completed priority ops, NO BUG / GLITCH AT ALL ABOUT MOVIE NIGHT QUESTLINES, AND DIDN'T COMPLETE THE MOVIE NIGHT QUESTLINE SINCE LIAM FIRST CHAIN QUEST

Everything was normal, Lexi was normal, Liam, Jaal, Cora, and the rest was normal, Even i could romance Jaal.

--------------------

Now... the weird thing

Recently, i started ANOTHER New Game Plus, from NUMBER 2, then after the EOS mission, i talked to Lexi... Yep... the bug was happening...

I gave Lexi bottle thingy (Which in my NUMBER 2 Save file didnt buy at all), And i was asked to go to KADARA (even i just arrived from EOS)...

Now what?
I don't know...

I want to enjoy the movie quest scene differently (with different romance partner and choices)

And i don't want to ruin it later 

So yeah... another Normal New Game i think

Message 24 of 74 (1,830 Views)

★★★ Novice

@brownxiii

In my current play through I've been avoiding talking to the characters I know break it (Lexi and Jaal after A Trail of Hope is completed) and it's been fine.  I've just focused on doing sidequests, and loyalty missions and the like and it hasn't had that much impact on things outside of not getting dialogue from them after a major mission.  It's mildly frustrating but not enough to really bother me.  Figure I'll just keep that up and do the quests as they pop up.  Play around it and all, heh.

@BarbarikDave

Thanks for the heads up!  Glad to see. Standard smile

Message 25 of 74 (1,802 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing is happening in my New Game Plus play through.

Message 26 of 74 (1,745 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Immediately creating a new Ryder after exiting a current playthrough can result in Journal quest items carrying over and a number of bugson the Hyperion.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bugs-Known-issues-list-for-MEA/td-p/5942772

maybe is not ng+ cause this bug`

Message 27 of 74 (1,626 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just started NG+, 3 days after I completed the game, so it's not a matter of starting right after finishing the previous playthrough, and I was going around the Tempest right after getting it, talking to everyone and then when I talked to Lexi they talked about the bottle and the quest jumped right to point after you complete this part, I hadn't even gotten the quest with Liam yet. I'm just hoping it won't break the quest, that scene was so fun.

Message 28 of 74 (1,613 Views)

★★ Novice

"ETA: I'm also getting Gil's letter about playing poker with the crew (Jaal included) before I even recruit Jaal.  No idea if it's in any way connected (probably not) but figured I'd mention it."

It's not connected to NG+, in fact I got this bug when I was playing the Early Access!

Message 29 of 74 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Only partially related:

Personally, I was wondering what happened to this quest. Last quest I remember was doing Vetra's popcorn quest. I remember an e-mail from Jaal, but I was never given dialogue to talk to him about it, nor had a quest. By the time I finished the game, my quest log was empty. Kinda sucked.

Message 30 of 74 (1,585 Views)