Original Post

Movie Night Questline bugged in New Game Plus

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Movie Night questline is skippable in New Game+
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 50 mbps up, 10 down
What company provides your internet service? o2 Telefonica
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Complete the Movie Night questline. 2. Start a new game plus 3. Once the Movie Night questline is started, talk to Lexi on the Tempest. The dialogue for completing her part of the questline will play. 4. A quest completion notification will pop up, telling you that the last part of the Quest is on
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? RX 480 8GB
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

dxdiag report: https://hastebin.com/iredijihos.tex

Short description: In a New Game+, certain plot items carry over. Like the Akantha wine Lexi is requesting. Having it in your inventory will cause her part of the Movie Night questline to finish early, skipping over all the various intermediary steps it would normally require.

Message 1 of 74 (10,315 Views)

Re: Movie Night Questline bugged in New Game Plus

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Problem is, talking to Liam will trigger the previous steps of the quest, so you have 2 "Movie Night" quests active. I haven't gotten far enough in the game yet, but I'm worried that having the two active will eventually cause them to bug and both become uncompletable.

Message 2 of 74 (10,011 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think it's definitely being caused by new game plus keeping all the special/quest items in your inventory. Most likely will break any other quests that required you to buy or get any items like that

Message 3 of 74 (10,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Definitely confirming this on my end, too.

Message 4 of 74 (9,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Currently playing new game+ with this bug. So far, only Lexi's Movie Night quest is bugged. Talked to Suvi and Drack and their Movie Night quests didn't trigger. I'll try to avoid talking to Lexi until the Movie Night quests officially start.

Message 5 of 74 (9,702 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Update: Just Completed "A Trail of Hope". Jaal's Movie Night quest is bugged too. Frown

Message 6 of 74 (9,125 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, and I also had Liam initiate the first step. So I basically have the first step and the last step towards movie night, I don't know what this will result in right now.

Message 7 of 74 (9,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I got this too.I Just got on the Tempest and spoke to Lexi first and it activated and completed her part of the questline. I'm playing on the PS4.
Message 8 of 74 (8,971 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem in my New Game +, already had 1 step from Liam, but then Lexi gave me final task and now I'm stuck with it cause I can't even go to Kadara.

Message 9 of 74 (8,929 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happened to me as well, damn shame because I loved the movie night scene Frown

Message 10 of 74 (8,858 Views)