Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mouse works then....

by OldDude49

Original Post

Mouse works then....

★★★★ Novice

it doesn't then it does... sorta kinda... please fix this mouse issue SOON... starting to look like you don't want your games to do well or just don't care.... you lose customers and MONEY with that kinda thinking.... good product = good return... sometimes it's best to ignore your bean counters!   Anthem is the game but see others games with mouse problems.  I keep checking and it's like you are ignoring the problem?  Will keep checking back but... again... you don't care?  Then why should I?  You folks are really screwin up your reputation here!!!!!!   Before too long the EA and Origin  names could become something to avoid!

Message 1 of 8 (425 Views)

Re: Mouse works then....

Community Manager

@OldDude49 

What type of mouse problem are you specifically having, @OldDude49? We'll pass feedback along to the Origin and development teams when we see some issues like this, but in many cases it tends to be related to additional overlays running in the background. Do you have Origin In-Game enabled when you're experiencing this? (It can be enabled/disabled under the Origin client's Application Settings)

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8 (388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The mouse disappears and doesn't work when you do some thing in Anthem. 

You have to use the arrow keys to continue and press enter and then use the arrow keys n sometimes you get what you wanted sometimes not so much.

After you exit what you were doing like setting up equipment or looking at the list of things you need to do or checking out stuff in the vault the mouse will sometimes return and sometimes not.  So there is a setting that allows you to stop a intermittent disappearing sometimes reappearing mouse?

real pain in the azz.... has stopped me from participating for now...  started right after the last patch... though you guys would catch it or hear complaints but?

So got tired of it and complained.

Message 3 of 8 (350 Views)

Community Manager

@OldDude49 

Are you using any specific overlays like Discord overlay? We also have Origin In-Game that can be disabled via the Origin client's Application Settings. Have you tried that yet? 

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 8 (316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No overlay just my mouse.  Worked fine until the last patch.  What it does is it disappears when I'm making changes in the forge to my equipment and such. And sometimes when I'm trying to do things in the menu's.  And when it goes away I can do very little.  Can't access anything like weapons or assault n such once it goes.  Have to escape out and return and then sometimes it comes back for a short time then goes away again.  Will look into the overlays I guess... pain in the backside... had no trouble till the last patch.  So I got this right turn off the origin overlay?

Message 5 of 8 (306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OOOPSSS also goes away when I access the vault!

Message 6 of 8 (305 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It's a UI bug not a technical problem so don't worry about your hardware. I doubt we will see this universal player bug fixed until the next patch
Message 7 of 8 (258 Views)

★★★★ Novice

figures... noticed if I enter things using the space bar AND set my mouse to BIG seems to do better????

Message 8 of 8 (245 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help