Re: Mouse won't fly right

by Mine_Once_More

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse won't fly right

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

When I try to play SW:Squadrons on my PC running Steam VR with Oculus Quest via Link cable the mouse doesn't work going to the right, it only goes left. I can use mouse keys properly just no mouse for right movement. When I use Virtual Desktop wirelessly things work fine (it just lags and that is frustrating so I'd like to use the link cable for smooth playing).

I can confirm this over repeated attempts after rebooting etc.

Has anyone else reported this?

Thank you

Message 1 of 10 (4,222 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I think I got it figured out:

If I run the game in borderless (had it in Fullscreen) and toggle in/out of VR the mouse fixes itself.

I ran it in fullscreen and toggled in/out of VR with no effect on the mouse.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (4,102 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey @webmotionks that's a new one.

Do you have any overlay programs running in the background?

/Atic
Message 2 of 10 (4,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried again with the Link cable and got it going in VR but again cannot fly to the right with the mouse it's completely unplayable. I don't know what overlays other than the Oculus app to run the game i bought on steam. I have Revive but not sure if it's open as an overlay?How do I tell?

Message 3 of 10 (4,138 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

Exact same issue here.  Programs running in the background:

Occulus

SteamVR

G-Hub (logitech)

Steel Series Engine 3

Backup and Sync from Google

NVIDIA Settings

Core Temp (CPU temp monitor)

In the UI mouse works 100%.  When I am in the hangar for training it sometimes works 360 deg, other times only along the X-axis.

In game I can move every direction but rightward (yaw right).  The mouse cursor simply will not move beyond the right side of the aiming reticle.

Stuff I've tried:

Mouse area: set to 100%.

Disabled cursor precision in windows 10.

Run the following as admin:  SteamVR, Occulus, Star Wars: Squadrons, G-Hub.

Disabled Steel Series Engine3.

Disable G-Hub.

Switch mice:  From Logitech G900 to Razer Death Adder.

Reseat G-900 wireless receiver from USB hub to Mainboard USB port.

Disable additional HMI Mouse entries in Device Manager (there are 3).

------

No other control peripherals are attached:  Just my KB, Mouse, and the Occulus controllers.

Occulus Quest 2 using SteamVR and Occulus Link.

-----

I'll disable the other background programs to see if I get any results.

Thanks for your support.

Message 4 of 10 (4,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update:

Disabled all of Xbox and Gaming mode in Windows 10.

Checked that NVIDIA Experience Overlay is not operating ( I'm not logged into NViDIA Experience)

Disabled Steam Overlay.

All drivers up-to-date:  Win10, Logitech, Occulus.

Oddly enough, I enabled Snap in the VR menu of squadrons... the game applied the snap to the mouse cursor in the hanger...not the VR helmet.

Same behavior:  In hangar the mouse will only move leff-right.  up-down happens very very slowly.  In-game the mouse is fluid except the invisible wall on the right side of the reticle, preventing me from yawing right.

G900 Mouse. G512SE KB.

Message 5 of 10 (4,111 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I got it figured out:

If I run the game in borderless (had it in Fullscreen) and toggle in/out of VR the mouse fixes itself.

I ran it in fullscreen and toggled in/out of VR with no effect on the mouse.

Message 6 of 10 (4,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I am having a very similar, if not the same problem.  It almost seems as if when in VR, my mouse cursor is stuck in the bottom right corner of the screen (invisible though).  I can use it to yaw left & pitch up, I cannot pitch down or yaw left.  The moment I toggle off VR, it works just fine.  My workaround at this point is to play it in non-VR using the Rift virtual desktop, but it's definitely less than ideal.  I got it to work right one time, but I have no idea how.

Running a custom-built dedicated VR-ready PC, Quest 2 with Link cable & Razer keyboard & mouse with up-to-date drivers.  Please help!!  This is such a huge bummer.  @webmotionks's borderless/full-screen solution did not help.  Tried toggling in & out on all three screen modes with no luck.  I don't know much about overlay, I'm pretty new to Link cable PC VR gaming.  How do I look for it?

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 10 (4,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ATrain642@Mine_Once_Moresimilar problem here, running via Oculus Link to a Quest... except for me, it’s in the vertical axis (I can use the mouse to push the stick forwards, but only to dead center, cannot pull it back at all). I can use the arrow keys to fly in any direction, but of course lasers are slaved to the left mouse button so that doesn’t work for realistic gameplay. Pretty much same setup to you @Mine_Once_More except a Quest 1

Message 8 of 10 (4,004 Views)

★★ Novice
@ATrain642 It's been a few months. Did you get this worked out?
Message 9 of 10 (3,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 10 of 10 (1,175 Views)