Mouse stutter

by Dextozz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse stutter

★ Novice

Hello everyone, 

I have trouble with mouse stutter. It's really not due to my framerate (as the display shows constant 50 - 60 fps) and it's really inconsistent. 

As I enter the game (a single player mission for start) the mouse works fine, but as soon as I use my binoculars or get in the combat my mouse starts stuttering. Keep in mind, that during this time, the framerate remains at 50 - 60 fps so that surely can't be the cause.

Things I've tried:

Disable forward frame rendering (helped out, still unplayable)

Fiddle with frame rate limiter (didn't help at all)

My specs:

GTX 1060

i5-4690k

16GB 1866mHz RAM

z97 Motherboard

Note: The game is installed on an SSD. I'm playing on the lowest settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (843 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mouse stutter

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Dextozz Is it a game stutter or just mouse stutter? If mouse only then try updating the driver for your mouse and or if you have a spare mouse in the house then try a different mouse. If its the game stutter and banking it is as your CPU is 4 core 4 thread it is going too bottleneck big time as you stated it was 100% used :/  Then all you can really do is hope EA comes out with a fix soon as they are working on a fix for game stutter. Sorry my post did not help you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (763 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Dextozz  Hello,

See if disabling V-Sync helps you. Try to run a clean boot on your PC and check the game: https://help.ea.com/tr/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 2 of 8 (827 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I did disable V-Sync and it did not help. It turns out CPU usage is at 100%, which might be causing this issue. Any idea of how to lower the strain on the CPU? 

Message 3 of 8 (799 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Dextozz Give my write up a try and do make the cfg and do part one all steps depending on the settings you use now this should help you a bit...  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907

Message 4 of 8 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@2042isNotBFDid every single thing there, also followed this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=P6AH4tltMS0
Nothing seemed to fix the issue even slightly. I've contacted the support and even they were unable to help instantly. I'll be sending dxdiag's and similar to them soon, so if you, or anyone else, has an idea that's not on the link you sent, nor on the video I sent, it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 8 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Dextozz Is it a game stutter or just mouse stutter? If mouse only then try updating the driver for your mouse and or if you have a spare mouse in the house then try a different mouse. If its the game stutter and banking it is as your CPU is 4 core 4 thread it is going too bottleneck big time as you stated it was 100% used :/  Then all you can really do is hope EA comes out with a fix soon as they are working on a fix for game stutter. Sorry my post did not help you.

Message 6 of 8 (764 Views)

★ Novice
@2042isNotBF No problem, is there any possible way to make my mouse and keyboard real-time priority? Or maybe set battlefield to something lower so it doesn't interfere with the mouse and keyboard. I know it should cause some performance drop, but it should still work, right?
Message 7 of 8 (757 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Dextozz Sadly in the write up I did is as low as it can go in BFV if you made the cfg and added the settings and did all the settings in part one :/

Message 8 of 8 (748 Views)