Mouse sensitivity fluctuating

by itsRamenDaddy

Original Post

Mouse sensitivity fluctuating

★★ Novice

My mouse sensitivity goes up and down ingame, this issue only comes up in apex matchmaking,in training mode it worked fine.i have tested this with other games and doesn't seem affected.

i have tried to change DPI up and down, (steelseries SENSEI RAW) on more than one profile, then tried deleting all but default profile and it didn't help.

tried without mouse mat and with, no change.

bought a new mouse (logitech g502 hero), deleted all drivers/software of older mouse. still no change.

tried different combo's of mouse DPI and ingame sensitivity options, ingame sensitivity is still wobbly.

tried repairing the game, nothing. then reset all ingame settings, still nothing.

i am out of options and don't know what to do here. can anyone please help me out?

Message 1 of 11 (1,485 Views)

Re: Mouse sensitivity fluctuating

★ Pro
Can you try launch argument +m_rawinput 1
Message 2 of 11 (1,475 Views)

★★ Novice
what does that do?
Message 3 of 11 (1,450 Views)

★ Pro
try setting polling rate down to 125hz on keyboard and mouse.. if that helps you can go steps above
Message 4 of 11 (1,444 Views)

★★ Novice
well i tried one match and the issue is gone! how and why?
Message 5 of 11 (1,437 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, it still doesn't feel right. the sensitivity is still off.

Message 6 of 11 (1,405 Views)

★ Pro
Go in windows mouse settings and check if "Enable pointer precision"is unchecked.. Also try another mouse pad
Message 7 of 11 (1,400 Views)

★★ Novice
"enhanced pointer precision" has always been off, i double checked. and i tried different mouse pad and with non. not positive effect.
Message 8 of 11 (1,385 Views)

★ Pro
It might be some sort of input lag.. Some that i've read causing this could be :
v-sync enabled, high polling rate (causing load on cpu), try in nvidia control panel or amd graphics app and set maximum prerendered frames lower

You can also try plugging the mouse into a seperate usb port

There are three layers or more to configuring:
Apex
Custom Mouse application
Windows mouse settings

If they are not set properly could be causing some issue softwarewise

Try monitoring cpu usage and find if there is a correlation between high cpu load and mouse changing its sensitivity
Message 9 of 11 (1,380 Views)

★★ Novice
i checked everything you mentioned. put my nvidia option you said to 1.
it seems fluid now, but i noticed when i got into firefight a few times it did kind of slow down as if a tiny mouse turned my DPI down to 500 and then back to 2k+ etc.

this did start happening after the update, i feel like this is apex network related, i don't have this issue with other games.
Message 10 of 11 (1,368 Views)