Re: Mouse cursor gets stuck in the center of the screen. UI bug.

by V4rdyn

Original Post

Mouse cursor gets stuck in the center of the screen. UI bug.

★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Mouse cursor gets stuck in the center of the screen and you cannot move it at all. It should disappear in free roaming mode or in the middle of conversation, but it does not happen. This can be "fixed" temporarily (i.e. for a couple of minutes), but mouse cursor returns to the center of the screen after you visit in-game menus or in another conversation.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. -
What company provides your internet service? -
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is random. In one session everything is OK. In another you cannot avoid it. 1) Try to call some of these in-game menus and move your cursor. 2) Go back to free roam mode or in conversation with NPC/terminal and it should stuck in the middle of the screen.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 1080
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

I tried to record a video, but this damned cursor is not visible after the recording and on screenshots. But it looks like this: the cursor pops out of nowhere and very quickly jumps back to the center of the screen from a distance of 3-4cm.

Please fix it, it is very annoying and immersion breaking.

Message 1 of 57 (94,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Only fix for now that I found is, when it starts to pop-up on screen, press esc and exit to desktop, dont close origin, then wait a few seconds and press play again from origin.

It`s a bug i hope they will patch it soon, some people also said it wasnt appearing in trial edition, it starts after latest patch.

Cheers.

Message 2 of 57 (94,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Haven't progressed far into the game (playing from Europe), but I'm also experiencing this issue.

Each time the mouse cursor can be used (ie when reading a datapad or picking a reply on the conversation wheel during a cutscene), there's a chance that the mouse cursor doesn't disappear (as it should), but instead remains visible and centered on-screen.

One workaround I found was to open a menu (map, inventory, the esc. menu) and move the mouse. Reopening a datapad also seems to work. Upon exiting the menu the cursor disappears properly.

Not game breaking, but yeah, it does interfere with the immersion part.

My PC specs:

Graph. Card: nvidia geforce gtx 760 (2GB)

Graph. driver version: 378.92

memory: 16GB

Mass Effect Andromeda version: deluxe edition, digital download

Message 3 of 57 (94,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This may be due to Reshade 3.0. I had not experienced this bug until I installed a reshader. Then it occurred. Uninstalled reshade 3.0 (or rather, renamed the dxgi.dll file so that it didn't recognise it) and I have not had the issue occur in 30mins of gamplay where before it would occur nearly every time a menu was opened.

Message 4 of 57 (94,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get this issue a lot.  It's quickly resolved for me by hitting Esc twice (main menu on/menu off), but it is annoying, yes.

Message 5 of 57 (93,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I noticed that the best way to fix this problem until a fix come for the devs is to press the tab button.

Message 6 of 57 (93,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is getting worse.  I am not running anything like ReShade or any sort of overlays.  It simply constantly shows up in the middle of the screen.   Any time I loot a body or do anything that brings up a cursor there is a very high chance that it will remain in the center of the screen when it should disappear.   Then I have to constantly hit tab or mess with menus until it finally decides to disappear.

It's simply too irritating and is starting to ruin the game.  This needs to be patched fast.

Message 7 of 57 (92,766 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, getting this too.

Seems to have gotten worse since I started fiddling with other profiles (been fiddling with engineer since I decided to try out a construct playstyle, usually I use the soldier profile) but it's been happening pretty regular since the start of the game.

On Voeld at the mo, getting annoying as it tends to pop up and bug me during almost every encounter.

Message 8 of 57 (92,659 Views)

★ Apprentice

This just started happening to me after patch 1.05.

Message 9 of 57 (92,191 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, now this is becoming near constant - i.e. happening way more often than not any time I open a menu of any sort, whether it be looting a crate or consulting the map.  I'd guess it's approaching something like 85% of the time or even higher.    Please work on fixing this issue.

Message 10 of 57 (92,135 Views)