Mouse and Keyboard - Stutters on inventory/deathboxes

by eddy5591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse and Keyboard - Stutters on inventory/deathboxes

★ Novice

Its been about two weeks since this started to happen frequently. When I open my inventory or death box, there is a sudden stutter that doesnt drop FPS nor ping, it just freezes and goes back to normal -- I can hear gunshots and movement but the video is basically frozen for about 1 second and it comes back. The video is in the RAR file -- cant send a mp4 file

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 4 (631 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mouse and Keyboard - Stutters on inventory/deathboxes

Community Manager

@eddy5591 

Got it, thanks!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before launching Apex Legends? If there's anything else running that's related to the stuttering that could help narrow it down. 

You can find more info on how to set up a Clean Boot at the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you're able to give it a shot. Thanks!

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (558 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @eddy5591

Have you had the chance to try repairing Apex Legends to see if that helps? 

If you're using Origin you can repair by right-clicking Apex Legends in your Library and clicking the Repair option when the menu pops up. If you're using Steam, try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more information on how to verify the file integrity at the Steam Support website

Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (594 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent , yes I did try to verify the game via Steam. When I did, it wasn't stuttering for a while but now it is back

Message 3 of 4 (579 Views)

Community Manager

@eddy5591 

Got it, thanks!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before launching Apex Legends? If there's anything else running that's related to the stuttering that could help narrow it down. 

You can find more info on how to set up a Clean Boot at the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you're able to give it a shot. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (559 Views)