Re: Mouse/Keyboard full support

by Warden-SIS

Original Post

Mouse/Keyboard full support

★★ Apprentice

Hi devs team,

I have just learned that you have not introduced a control setting option for keyboard/mouse users.

First thing you should know, not all PC players use controllers. Indeed, the keyboard/mouse gives much better results and the mouse is often much more accurate than the controllers. And quite simply, the controller is optional on a PC, not the keyboard/mouse. The ability to use and configure these devices should therefore be fully integrated into all PC games. It almost looks like some kind of keyboard/mouse boycott. It's quite unpleasant.

I would therefore like to request full support for keyboard/mouse controls including the possibility of switching between walking and running. Indeed, in most of these games, players who want to walk immersively rather than see the character always run like an idiot must use the controller because no key is defined to allow them to walk and enjoy the landscape or simply take their time to enjoy the game.

It would therefore be very welcome if you could add full key configuration support (including walking) to the keyboard, please.

For a game also available on a PC, the absence of such an option is a technical problem.

Thank you !

Message 1 of 5 (457 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay, it's been a week now I release this topic as a technical issu but visibly nobody from EA feels concerned about that.

It's pretty rude Confused

Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Ok, so EA developers don't take into consideration people who wants a complete Keyboard/Mouse controls support.

It's surely not something serious for you EA but by acting like this you just lost a client and I will spread the word be sure of that. I'm getting enought of developers who just take into consideration only the feedback that please them.

Message 3 of 5 (366 Views)

Hero

@Warden-SIS This is a user-to-user forum. The only EA staff here are community managers, not game developers.

Is the lack of a walk toggle your only issue with the mouse / keyboard settings? Because pretty much everything else can be bound in the game settings.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (356 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not the only issue.  I got as far as when the barrels blow up (about 30 secs into the game) and lost control of the camera.  I cked, there is no lock camera in the setting or keybinds.

I figured this was not going to be patched as the 1st screen comes up with "we recommend a controller", there would be no support for keyboard users, I looked up refunds and seen EA has a 24 hr policy for refunds from opening the game, so I got one.

EA has lost more customers than 1 due to this/these problems.

Message 5 of 5 (322 Views)