Mouse Cursor Keeps Flashing on Screen

by xAgent89x

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mouse Cursor Keeps Flashing on Screen

★★ Novice

I have tried everything I can think of to stop this from happening.  I'm using an xbox one controller but everytime I audible, zoom out and every time I enter a new game the mouse cursor keeps popping up in the middle of the screen.  Its a huge distraction and causes a slight stutter each time, ruining the experience for me.  Moving it to the corner of the screen doesn't work because it resets to the center each time.  I have turned off the wireless mouse and disabled the trackpad on my alienware laptop but nothing fixes this.

Message 1 of 17 (2,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mouse Cursor Keeps Flashing on Screen

★★ Novice

Coming back to confirm that the September Title Update has finally corrected the mouse cursor and virtual joystick issues for myself. Can't help but feel like we should all be getting some sort of Origin credit back for a month of dealing with that bug but I'm at least glad it got fixed eventually.

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,777 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Me too. I can't play certain positions during defense because my guy runs around sideways like a mad crab because of the mouse taking control. I've been playing since early access and really expected this to be fixed by now!

Message 2 of 17 (2,402 Views)

★★ Novice

Super annoying.  I'm really surprised they didn't fix in the first patch that was released.  I don't see too many people commenting about it but every video I've seen of PC gameplay shows this issue so I assume everyone on PC is affected.

Message 3 of 17 (2,371 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. This is absolutely killing the game for me right now.

Message 4 of 17 (2,336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep I'm also seeing the mouse cursor appearing in the middle of the screen whilst using an XBOX controller. I only tend to notice it when using the RT on offensive to show play art, but it's still an annoyance. I read in another forum someone got rid of it by disabling Origin in-game, but it doesn't work for me.

Message 5 of 17 (2,312 Views)

★★ Novice

Same. I only generally see it when I use RT to show play art as well. But it's a huge annoyance and makes it feel like my $60 purchase is just a shoddy port. EA needs to respond to this.

Message 6 of 17 (2,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact same problem. It’s driving me nuts! I don’t even have my mouse plugged in! They need to fix this in an update!!!

Message 7 of 17 (2,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Until EA fix this officially, I found a workaround for this issue on another forum, so will post it here if it helps anyone else out who is suffering with the pesky on-screen mouse cursor.

I have tried this method myself and it works 100%, but as it uses third-party software you are doing this at your own risk and I will not be held responsible.

Firstly, you need to install a small piece of software called Mousetrapper. I just googled 'Mousetrapper 2.0 CNET' and downloaded it. Once installed, minimize the software to your system tray using the options within the program.

Start Madden and once the game begins move the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen and it will stay there. Job done.

Hopefully EA will address this in the first patch, but in the meantime this method WILL work.

Message 8 of 17 (2,183 Views)

Community Manager

@Mulderitey@xAgent89x@SwooshMan91@DelicateDelegate@Gwentleman88

PC Updates:

Fixed an issue that sometimes caused keyboard and mouse inputs to display even when the primary input was a controller.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MADDEN-NFL-19-AUGUST-TITLE-UPDATE/m-p/6996717

barry.png
Message 9 of 17 (2,174 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Many thanks. Does the new update also fix the HDR issue or is that still to come?
Message 10 of 17 (2,171 Views)