Re: Missing items

by whackywhippet234

Original Post

Missing items

★★ Novice

Hi all, 

I just tried opening sims mobile on my iPad because apparently you can play across devices, when I opened it it was a bit behind the app on my phone so I closed and went back to my mobile. When opening the app on my phone I noticed a few of my pieces of furniture have gone missing 😭 a fireplace, a bed and some vases. All pretty tricky to replace and I have no idea what’s happened to them, they’re definitely not in my inventory as I’ve checked multiple times. I have also tried resizing the rooms as I saw someone has suggested that for a similar issue but still no luck 😢 

help please!! 

Message 1 of 14 (1,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update: I also lost a playable sim but I’d only just created him so not overly bothered about that... 

I’ve just checked how much the items are to replace and it’s almost 30,000 simoleons 🤦🏼‍♀️

Message 2 of 14 (1,486 Views)

@Tee93A could you check if the items are restored? EA was having some issues the last few days but should be resolved as of 45 minutes ago. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 14 (1,438 Views)

★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 Hey 🙂 

the items are still definitely not back Frown I’ve also noticed now that lots of my pictures have disappeared too! So annoying 

Message 4 of 14 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tee93A Me too! I have been missing items!! I managed to chat with EA agent but got disconnected because he said that I should restart my device but still no luck! Now I am having a hard time contacting them again Frown
Message 5 of 14 (1,399 Views)

[ Edited ]

The best thing at this time is to contact an EA game advisor about this issue @Tee93A.

Due to COVID-19/Corona support is a little different than you're normally used to. Waiting times are also longer.
- Phone support is currently closed.
- Arabic and Dutch support languages aren't available.
- English support times are Mon-Sat from 8 AM to 11 PM UTC

More information is available in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864082#M24974

You can contact them through The Sims Mobile app. First things first, write down your Player ID or take a screenshot of it.

- Open side menu
- Click the gear icon
- Click the 'Help & About' tab
- Click 'Help'
Your browser opens
- Scroll down and click on 'Contact Us'

Open the spoiler for picture how to get to the 'Contact Us' button:

Spoiler
collage.jpg

The EA game advisor might ask you to perform a couple of troubleshooting steps you can find over here for Apple or Android. You can try those before contacting them, or while you're waiting on a reply.

If you're asked to clear data or reinstall the app, make sure your app is being back-upped to the App store or EA account.
The backup options might have turned off during a previous update. Your app will reset, but after creating a Sim you should get the popup to restore from the cloud.

An image in the spoiler on where to find the backup options:

Spoiler
backup.jpg

If you choose the 'Report Bug' option you might not receive a reply from EA.

If you can't access the app for some reason. You can also contact EA outside of it.
You can contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner.

You can also contact an EA game advisor through social media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

@abb3yj sadly you also need to keep in contact with EA. Creating a case with them through the app might be helpful so you can reboot your device when needed without losing the contact.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 14 (1,368 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have on two occasions lost multiple items now. The first was 10 days ago, when I was redecorating and returned to the game to find multiple newly placed items gone, including my candelabra and marble coffee table from the STC.

More items went missing 2 days ago, including my gazebo, flowers and trees, and most of a chess table set save for the one chair you can see was left in the photo. 
I have contacted support multiple times, in chat, by email, and even by phone, and have been told to restart and reboot and good luck. No offer of compensation has been made. 
There’s got to be some way to check your game with your player number and restore purchases. These are hugely expensive items to replace. 

Message 7 of 14 (1,268 Views)

EA Live QV Team

I know @Tee93A mentioned switching between two devices around when the items vanished, but @CharlieDaisy12 and @abb3yj were you doing this as well, or was it just spontaneous?

Message 8 of 14 (1,207 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I wanted to place my grill outside but i lost it because its "linked to the contry  rocko" set.  How?!?!  That was a prize for the summer barbeque event. Why was it taken out of my storage?

Edit: turns out, i had it out but i doubt it should be like this

Message 9 of 14 (1,139 Views)

No, it shouldn't @whackywhippet234 

This sounds like a bug. Could you open a new post in the bug forum for this?

You can find the bug forum over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

The bug forum has a small list with questions that might just help to solve the problem! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 14 (1,094 Views)