Missing in-game content after linking ps4 account to another EA account

by rafaaaaa1303

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing in-game content after linking ps4 account to another EA account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Would the in-game content be restored if I unlink and link it back to the EA account?

Recently I found that my Ps4 Apex account was linked to my secondary EA account and not the main one. So I proceeded to unlink the ps4 account and linked it to my main EA account only to find out the in-game content missing. I still had my game progress (such as Battle Pass Progression ,Rank and Stats) but lost all my skins, apex coins and unlocked legends. I then tried to unlink it from the main so I could switch back only to see I am unable to do so (unlink) for 6 months.

I would like to know if, after 6 months, I were to unlink it from my Main account and link it back to the previous EA account (the one which had all the progress), would all the in-game content such as Apex coins and skins be restored?

Message 1 of 6 (758 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing in-game content after linking ps4 account to another EA account

Community Manager

Hi @rafaaaaa1303

If you re-link the account back to the original EA Account without connecting it with a different EA account it should restore your progress. Linking it with a different EA Account may prevent that from working, though. 

I think it would be best to get in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look at the account from their side. You can find more details on how to create a case with them at the EA Help website. You can also speak with them over Facebook or Twitter instead. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (710 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @rafaaaaa1303

If you re-link the account back to the original EA Account without connecting it with a different EA account it should restore your progress. Linking it with a different EA Account may prevent that from working, though. 

I think it would be best to get in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look at the account from their side. You can find more details on how to create a case with them at the EA Help website. You can also speak with them over Facebook or Twitter instead. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (711 Views)

★ Novice

Same for me. I was playing one day and it forced me to create an account. I then created an account and it took my mirage heirloom and every skin I had since I started playing at launch… I have proof of me having my skins and heirloom and ea help said they couldn’t help me.. they said that all my progress was lost but couldn’t explain to me why I still had my level then.

Message 3 of 6 (630 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TheRealTchoii

Did you unlink your Xbox gamertag from a different EA Account before this happened? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (609 Views)

★ Novice

This was about two months ago but I remember it said something about creating an account. If I backed out of it, it would pop back up and if I restart my game it would pop back up. So I couldn’t play the game until I did this so I did it because I wanted to play the game and now all my stuff is gone. Everybody in ea was telling me “ post on the forums and (maybe) someone can help you but I honestly don’t think it’s my fault because I was forced to do it.. and I still have my level from before I did it and I have all my progress since season 2( I’ve played since launch) like my kills and wins and how many tops 3 and top 10’s I have throughout all the seasons it’s just my heirloom and my old skins are gone. And also when it happened it gave me like 60 free apex packs. This whole thing is confusing to me I honestly just want my stuff back.

Message 5 of 6 (525 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealTchoii 

I appreciate you following up!

I looked at the cases you had created with EA Help, and from what I can see it looks like they determined that the Xbox account was previously unlinked from an EA Account before it was connected to the current account. Unfortunately when that happens, the account progress is lost and we don't have a way of recovering it. The only way to recover that progress would be to link the account to the original EA Account from which it was unlinked. 

I'm afraid we don't have a way to help with account issues directly here on Answers HQ. If you'd like to see if it's possible to relink the account back to the original EA Account it would be best to follow up with the EA Help team and ask if that's something they can do for you. 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (481 Views)