Original Post

Missable Remenant Puzzles Really?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Disc Based Install
Summarize your bug Not so much a bug as it is a d**k move, considering how massive this game is and how much there is to do making some of these missable when most require you to do puzzles and/or go out of your way to find them in first place is just annoying as hell. Please make the areas where these ar accessable.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 2.0
What company provides your internet service? SKY
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just make all areas where Remenant Puzzles are accessable please.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? N/A
Please enter memory size in GB. 200
‌Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Summarize your bug Not so much a bug as it is a d**k move, considering how massive this game is and how much there is to do making some of these missable when most require you to do puzzles and/or go out of your way to find them in first place is just annoying as hell. Please make the areas where these ar accessable.
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 2.0
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just make all areas where Remenant Puzzles are accessable please.
‌Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
‌N/A
Message 1 of 8 (715 Views)

Re: Missable Remenant Puzzles Really?

★★★ Guide

I suspect there are more than 20 puzzles in the game, and here's why: I hit the Cryptographer achievement with the "secret" area puzzle on "Meridian"/the Remnant City. But I know that a handful of other puzzles both before and after that bugged out so that they opened without my having to do the puzzle. (No, I have never used a decryption key, and there were never any keys missing from my inventory to suggest that one had been used accidentally.) Once they were open, the puzzle never popped.

I'm not sure that the leeway is very generous (I'm thinking around 5 extra puzzles that I know of), but I'm fairly sure it's there.

It would really help to have a complete list of these and which are missable. Prima's "Remdoku" guide lists only 19 puzzles, so it's clearly missing at least one, and by my count several more. (For people who bill themselves as the premier guide-writers, they sure have a lot of work to do on their guide for this game.)

Message 2 of 8 (699 Views)

★★ Guide

virtus753 schrieb:

I suspect there are more than 20 puzzles in the game, and here's why: I hit the Cryptographer achievement with the "secret" area puzzle on "Meridian"/the Remnant City. But I know that a handful of other puzzles both before and after that bugged out so that they opened without my having to do the puzzle. (No, I have never used a decryption key, and there were never any keys missing from my inventory to suggest that one had been used accidentally.) Once they were open, the puzzle never popped.

I was already wondering why I had to search for glyphs and then not had to solve the puzzle...that happens often...and I like the remnant puzzles Frown 

Message 3 of 8 (682 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, it's a very unfortunate glitch/bug. I love them too. It's sad to hear they're breaking that achievement for people, though. I'm counting myself lucky I got it to pop.

Anyhow, a list so far:

-Eos: monolith; main vault (side room); Task: Data Trail; Task: A Ghost of Promise

-Havarl: A Dying Planet monolith; Helping Havarl's Scientists; Secret Fusion Mod of Adrenaline terminal

-Voeld: monoliths (x3); side vault (from Subjugation, IIRC); Peebee: Secret Project vault

-H-047c: Remnant Tiller quest vault

-Elaaden: monolith; main vault (can't override); Remnant Derelict; found in the unmarked vault in the far northeast part of the map

-Kadara: monolith; main vault

-Khi Tasira/Remnant city: secret platform below the main level (can't override)

For Elaaden's unmarked vault, see https://youtu.be/Xe5hIh-B7fg?t=19m50s (that covers all 20 listed)

But I'm pretty sure I've seen other containers with the floating glyph above them, which I thought indicated a remnant decryption puzzle was required to open them. Those are the ones that tend to bug out and let me open them without doing a puzzle. Perhaps the glyph indicates something else instead?

Message 4 of 8 (660 Views)

★★★ Guide

Why is this in bugs section? A few of these are missable per design. If you're not turning every stone... Well... No achievement. Wink

But okay I'm not the one who should talk about it as I missed one in my first playthrough.

For all sudoku locations and missables there are plenty of pages on internet, here's one:

http://www.powerpyx.com/mass-effect-andromeda-glyph-puzzle-solutions-locations/

If I may suggest to OP to move the thread into general chatty, as these simply aren't bugged.

Message 5 of 8 (653 Views)

★★★ Guide

@JoxerTM22: Agreed, it's not a bug if you miss one. But I could have sworn I've encountered bugged chests that have the glyph over them and yet don't have puzzles. For one in particular I remember interfacing with it. (It said "Interface", not "Open".) But when the puzzle should have come up, the loot list showed. Once I'd looted it, the container said "Open", and when I tried to open it again the thing deactivated entirely, as empty containers do.

That suggests a bug to me with some of these chests. If I'm right in thinking that glyph above them indicates a puzzle, then that might mean some of these are bugged. I know no keys were used to solve those containers, as I wasn't missing a key afterwards.

Message 6 of 8 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Er, now a flicker on some chests could be a bug.

One of such chests with flickering rombs above is inside Eos vault. In the room protected by a forcefield that opens when you're escaping (optional objective).

When you activate the vault and go to open the chest before the vault closes for good, it doesn't require a puzzle solving. I mean, your life is at stake and need to escape not solve some sudoku. Wink

Message 7 of 8 (646 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Hm, OK, so maybe I'm wrong about the extra chests that were bugging out for me. It sounds more like I misinterpreted the floating glyph thingy and then it glitched a bit when opening (maybe it was never supposed to say Interface?).

Unfortunately having 20 total and needing 20 total to get the achievement sounds consistent with the rest of these things.

Message 8 of 8 (631 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help