Re: Misleading information in 4.0 changelog

by MasterVitez

Original Post

Misleading information in 4.0 changelog

★★ Novice

Hello there!

I have 49 lockboxes on one of my alts, each of them was bought for 200k credits on the fleet. The 4.0 changelog says:

• Items purchased with Commendations have had their timers cancelled and are now Bound.

Everything was fine yesterday, but after I logged in today, I noticed that all these timers I had on the 49 lockboxes are gone. Its obvious that these items cannot be bought with Commendations, but their timers are gone. These items could be sold for 9,8 million credits, they worth ~300k now. Could any EA employee tell me how can I get my credits back? I mean there's obviously no way to restore the timers, but if its possible, I'm fine with it. And answers like "subscribe today and send a ticket about this" could not solve this problem, because at this point I'm kinda frustrated about this situation, and I'm not sure I'd like to pay to became subscriber, when almost all endgame content except the HM/NiM operations are available on lvl60. And after all, its not my fault that the changelog containts misleading information about this.

Thanks for the attention.

MasterVitéz

Message 1 of 5 (763 Views)

★★ Novice

What type of lockbox were they, and where did you buy them from?

Message 2 of 5 (684 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Without being mean, is this a situation where you saw a potential  chance to make $ or 'win' over the system... only to find whoops it didn't work as planned?

Message 3 of 5 (672 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having. The changelog clearly says all the timers are going to be canceled and the items would be bound to you. That's what happened. Did you think "canceled" meant "reset to max time"?

It seems unlikely Customer Service would help you with this even if you did subscribe. 

Message 4 of 5 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@idnewton I dont know its name, since I'm not logged in atm. The items can be bought on the fleets, GTN area, starship vendor, each one for 200k credits, each contains some artifact starship parts.
@DBWoodynz You arent mean, but regardless you're right or not (you are) it doesnt change the fact that if the changelog would contain correct information, I'd avoid this whole problem. Anyway, its not about "winning credits", because I've obtained these on my alts, playing with the normal game, without using exploits, etc.. about the "winning over the system" stuff... this method is part of the system since the Stronghold expansion... I'm not trying to "winning over", I just use the tools what the game provides for me. Just as I can buy operation passes to play operations, I can do this to avoid using escrow.
@collinc2343 No, the changelog says "Items purchased with Commendations have had their timers cancelled and are now Bound.", not just simply "Items have had their timers cancelled and are now Bound." I was aware what will happen with said items (so items purchased with comms), but its clear that my items are purchased with credits, not commendations. The patch note was released on Monday, so I prepeared by using the information in the official patch note... what contains incorrect information.

Message 5 of 5 (598 Views)