Minor Bug: wrong 'commander info' voice during battle in instant action

by GuardianD671

Original Post

Minor Bug: wrong 'commander info' voice during battle in instant action

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug I was enjoying playing the game, instant action new maps. just to see if they were also in arcade, i switched out to custom arcade. while there the options were set for some map where it was separatists v clones. i saw no new maps and went back to instant action, hoth map - and saw the options still said separatists. when i played, i was the empire, but throughout the battle a droid was telling me when my side gained or lost a command post or when a hero appeared on the battlefield. This was easily fixed by leaving to menu after the game ended, switching out of hoth which cause the correct choices for opposing sides to appear, and i could go back to hoth and got the correct voice. i consider this amusing more than annoying and low priority. i have said it is rare because my hunch is it is easy to repeat the error, but i have not tried to yet.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? guardiand671
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 04/29/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) aproximately 14:30
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? (it is possible you should have different options in custom arcade set prior to first step) 1Standard smilego to instant action and set up and probably play a game. 2) come out, go into arcade custom arcade and select options for a different battle on a planet with differing forces (i.e. if you had empire v rebellion in instant action, go for option with separatist v clones in custom arcade.) 3) play the instant action. in my example i was playing as empire but heard a droid commenting on battle progress.
What happens when the bug occurs? the only time i encountered it, all that happened was a droid commander telling me about imperial captures of command posts in the game of instant action, and when enemy heroes spawned.
What do you expect to see? the correct imperial commander voice in my example. i am not sure if it works swapping other voices,
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce GTX 1050 (M) 4gb gddr5 vram

i am unsure if it works with other voices since it didnt occur to me to reproduce it. if a first order voice was substituted for imperial commander its possible in the thick of a fight a player may not even notice references to 'first order' anyway.

it is more funny than a real irritation, and i see it as really low priority, well below fixing bots in arcade mode ending up outside map bounds and being unkillable as a result.

if possible i would keep it as a secret mode, maybe add in more comments if a wrong voice commander is playing. (like the separatist droid saying 'what is this? what is an empire/the first order? we are winning, anyway.' or 'we are first order? that does not compute with... er - you're all under arrest!')

Message 1 of 2 (355 Views)

Re: Minor Bug: wrong 'commander info' voice during battle in instant action

★ Guide

i really find myself missing the stormtrooper comments from jedi:fallen order.

'die jedi - please dont hurt me!'

Message 2 of 2 (350 Views)