Middle east servers on Xbox One

by Darko0o

Original Post

Middle east servers on Xbox One

★★ Apprentice

In season 5, middle east servers were added to the game. One problem with them is that I can't find games. When I search for a game, I see 30 players in the queue and stays like this and the game will not start. All port for my xbox are opened and my ping with the server is 5ms. Anything wrong? 

Message 1 of 10 (629 Views)

Re: Middle east servers on Xbox One

Community Manager

Hi @Darko0o

Opening the ports is a good idea, but there are some other steps we can try that may help as well. 

First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having the same issues after that I'd recommend checking out the Xbox-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how it goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Its happening with everyone in Middle east server (Bahrain), we have to wait for like 5 min to get in trios matches and 15 min to get in Ranked as well as dous matches and it is wasting soo much time.

I am on pc by the way.

Message 3 of 10 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Which Ports Does Apex Legends 

TCP: 1024-1124,1935,3216,3478-3480,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900

UDP: 1024-1124,3074,3478-3479,18000,29900,37000-40000.
Message 4 of 10 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ACE_HiTMan_A_47 It's probably because there is not many players on that server. I am on PC and queuing up in trios takes more than a min(vs usual queue time of <30 sec) while I can't find any match of duos at any time of the day.
Message 5 of 10 (505 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent 

I'm aware of these troubleshoots steps and did restart my router and open ports for Apex game. I've attached the result for the uo trace. Also i forgot to mention when I wrote the post is that I can play on ps 4 without issues. sometimes on ps 4 I wait but its not same as on xbox.

While I'm writing this reply, I get 5 in queue.

Message 6 of 10 (483 Views)

★ Guide
@Darko0o problem is low player count on server , just select EU server you will get in match fast but behrain server is not that much popular so nothing wrong with your connection.
Message 7 of 10 (464 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Darko0o

Like a few others have mentioned it could be due to the player population on that particular datacenter. Have you tried switching to a different one to test and see if you have any of the same issues finding a game? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (441 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent Yes, I'm playing on the second best ping for me which is around 110-117 ms and its fine.

I know nothing about datacenters so I can't comment.

I hope in future that I can play on 5 ms ping.

Message 9 of 10 (424 Views)

Community Manager

@Darko0o 

I understand where you're coming from. I know it can be rough to play on higher ping when there's a closer server. If there's a lower population on that particular server it may just take a while to queue into a match if there aren't a lot of people playing at that particular time, I'm afraid. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (388 Views)