Microphone shows it’s working in game but nobody can hear me

by ZiggyWaltz

Original Post

Microphone shows it’s working in game but nobody can hear me

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this problem recently, where my in game mic icon pops up when I enable push to talk or leave comms open, however no input goes through.

I’ve followed the steps on every forum I can find, my mic is set as my default audio input device via windows, origin does not allow me to select any input. I’ve uninstalled, and reinstalled both apex and origin. I've also tried opening up Apex and only apex, still to no avail. 

I don’t have this issue with any other game, discord, teamspeak, skype, etc, and a few weeks ago, it worked fine.

The microphone I’m using is a USB mic, the HyperX Cloud Revolver S, and all my drivers are up to date.

Anybody have a fix or an idea where else to look? I've tried everything I've found through the EA forums, Reddit, and other third parties.

Message 1 of 4 (642 Views)

Re: Microphone shows it’s working in game but nobody can hear me

Community Manager

Hi @ZiggyWaltz

When you've got a chance can you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Hi, was ziggy ever able to provide the diag? Was this problem ever fixed? Having the same issue trying to use an XLR mic going into a Komplete audio interface, Apex will not detect the mic. However if I use an xCloud gaming headset with a mic that is going directly into my desktop audio driver, then Apex picks it up.
Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

Champion
@MagzMcFly Do you have the latest drivers installed?
And may i know what settings you have in windows audio settings?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (542 Views)