Microphone not recognized

by Walkabout5447

Original Post

Re: Microphone not recognized

★ Novice

I spent about an hour trying out why the apex detected my yeti, but why my teammates would hear only static. And when i tested it in game the microphone would not detect.

Turns out, I simply had the mic muted, which was why it was registering but only static was coming out. 

Message 31 of 45 (1,092 Views)

Voice Chat working - Apex Legends

Hi everyone,

I just started playing Apex Legends on my PC this evening. No matter what I do, I cannot hear anyone, nor can they hear me, over VOIP. Discord works just fine. Every other game's chat works just fine.

I'm using a Logitech G430. I've tried uninstalling the Logitech software and restarting the computer. This didn't work, and in fact, made my stuff sound weird. So I re-installed it and reset the computer. 

I check my settings in Origin and everything appears to be in order. 

Please help me fix this problem!

Message 32 of 45 (1,111 Views)

Microphone not working - Yes it's setup in origin app

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My microphone randomly stopped working ingame yesterday and continues to not work today.  It works fine on my PC and other applications like discord, etc. I am using a blue yeti microphone and I have it selected in the origin app, but when I go to test it there is no sound.  please help as communication is very important in a game like this.

https://imgur.com/a/KC78xJK

Message 33 of 45 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie
As do I. Beexcellent headset, and also tried Bose headset.
Message 34 of 45 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I got to believe as the game continues to progress, EA will fix little tweaks like this. Or in this case a big problem seeing that you can't commit to full team work without being able to speak.
Message 35 of 45 (1,057 Views)

Re: Voice Chat working - Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie
Very disappointed. Tried on beexcellent headset which is to say not the best but not the worst. Also tried on those which is one of the best. I hope they fix stuff like this because I really like Apex and fortnite is not for me it's not realistic enough. I mean really who builds a castle in 2 seconds in the middle of nowhere just a guard yourself? Also, please get solo,& duos
Message 36 of 45 (1,056 Views)

★ Guide
I had this when I first got the game it didn't pick up my microphone device at all. As I was doing the fixes for crashing and removing all the unused sound devices I did the unused recording devices as well and left my microphone as the only option and it worked from there on.
Message 37 of 45 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried removing all the other recording devices, but it still didn't work

Message 38 of 45 (1,005 Views)

Mic is not detected by Apex if not plugged in prior to opening Origins

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX 580 8 gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Dankomycin
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? n/a
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Before game even loads
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Launching origins client
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.02.19 16:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? If my mic headset is not plugged in prior to launching the origins client and then apex, I will be unable to use it in game even after plugging it in. Because there are no options in apex to select your mic, it forces you to restart the client.
What should be happening instead? The mic headset should be detected if plugged in after origins and apex has launched.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Implement mic settings in the options where we can select the device. This would allow us to select the mic device we plug in after launching origins.

as 

Message 39 of 45 (912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So my mic hasn't been working in Apex since I got it, I have an MXL 990 microphone going through a Tascam midi interface. This setup has always given me great sound in all games. Today I decided to try and figure out why it wouldn't work. My mic would be recognized as a valid input in the origin software, but no signal was coming through when I was testing it. Today I was messing around with the settings on my mic through windows because the software settings hadn't helped, and I figured it out. When I disabled the Exclusive Mode in the properties of my mic, It started working. The exclusive mode allows an application to take exclusive control of your device. Some background app must have been hogging the permission. What I don't understand is why it always worked in other games with it enabled. anyways I hope this fixes someone problem. Good Luck!

Message 40 of 45 (632 Views)