I believe I have a more global solution. It seems it's most likely caused by "microphone privacy settings" in Windows 10. To resolve:
In Windows 10, press Win+i key to open Settings app.
From the left pane, select Microphone.
On the right pane under Allow apps to access your Microphone, make sure it’s toggled On
Thanks, I checked that and it is on. So I went to check Origin again and when I clicked test microphone, it functioned perfectly. Click stop testing and it shuts off lol There was no problem with this game until last night and it seems to just randomly start working, for example just after 10pm after debugging all microphone settings for 2 hours it just magically started working again despite have the exact same settings as I had before. I changed absolutely nothing and as of noon CST the microphone is no longer working in game but every other program it works just fine. I'm streaming this as it is obviously being controlled by the designers or EA. We have zero control over whether it works or not. Prove me wrong.
Going live with microphone on or not in game and perfectly on stream:
Fixed it, again. Watch the video I just made live on Twitch of debugging this issue. Its literally the exact same thing I did last night to fix it, only faster...
Still streaming, hopefully this is the last time I have to play with microphone settings:
Start -> Settings -> System -> Sound -> scroll down and select "App Volume and device preferences"
Now Make sure your default input is your correct microphone.
You can also press start and begin typing "sound mixer options" and press enter. Its the same menu as above.
Restart Apex and test it out in the menu.
MY SOLUTION: I tried all different suggested solutions, nothing worked. Here is how I could fix it in 1 minute: Type in the search bar audio settings and go there. Click on your right under Related settings Sound settings. Under Input there is a Test your microphone field. For some reason this was not showing any microphone input despite the mic working properly in teamspeak/discord. Clicking on troubleshoot and following the steps fixed the problem immediately after rebooting.