Re: Microphone not recognized

by TheCombatCactus

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I believe I have a more global solution. It seems it's most likely caused by "microphone privacy settings" in Windows 10. To resolve:

In Windows 10, press Win+i key to open Settings app.
Select Privacy.
From the left pane, select Microphone.
On the right pane under Allow apps to access your Microphone, make sure it’s toggled On

Try now.

Message 21 of 45 (2,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue with the yeti mic no one can hear me but I see the microphone icon moving 

Message 22 of 45 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks, I checked that and it is on. So I went to check Origin again and when I clicked test microphone, it functioned perfectly. Click stop testing and it shuts off lol There was no problem with this game until last night and it seems to just randomly start working, for example just after 10pm after debugging all microphone settings for 2 hours it just magically started working again despite have the exact same settings as I had before. I changed absolutely nothing and as of noon CST the microphone is no longer working in game but every other program it works just fine. I'm streaming this as it is obviously being controlled by the designers or EA. We have zero control over whether it works or not. Prove me wrong.

Going live with microphone on or not in game and perfectly on stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/jaredskstorm

Message 23 of 45 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Guide

Fixed it, again. Watch the video I just made live on Twitch of debugging this issue. Its literally the exact same thing I did last night to fix it, only faster...

Still streaming, hopefully this is the last time I have to play with microphone settings:

https://www.twitch.tv/jaredskstorm/

Message 24 of 45 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie
nope
Message 25 of 45 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie
cant u fn timestamp man????? im having same issue tried EVERYTHING
Message 26 of 45 (1,870 Views)

★★ Novice

Try This

Windows 10

Start -> Settings -> System -> Sound -> scroll down and select "App Volume and device preferences"

Now Make sure your default input is your correct microphone.

You can also press start and begin typing "sound mixer options" and press enter. Its the same menu as above.

Restart Apex and test it out in the menu. 

Message 27 of 45 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MY SOLUTION: I tried all different suggested solutions, nothing worked. Here is how I could fix it in 1 minute: Type in the search bar audio settings and go there. Click on your right under Related settings Sound settings. Under Input there is a Test your microphone field. For some reason this was not showing any microphone input despite the mic working properly in teamspeak/discord. Clicking on troubleshoot and following the steps fixed the problem immediately after rebooting.

Message 28 of 45 (1,667 Views)

★ Novice
Nailed it! Thank you!
Message 29 of 45 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Guide
Here is a shorter version, breaking down exact settings as they should be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKD52CD2IU
Message 30 of 45 (1,297 Views)