Re: Mic problems making clicking sound

by GrimReminiscence

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mic problems making clicking sound

★★★ Newbie

Ever sense the patch my microphone (Logitech G533) will randomly just start clicking (from what my teammate describe) I cannot hear it myself nor can they hear me talk.  I have to close the game and reopen in order for it to stop or put it on press to talk and then it will still do it when I'm pressing the button. This has been happening a lot like every few games I have to do it. I have tried updating hardware and software for everything. Before that patch I never had any issues with it at all. When I go into my voice setting after this happens I can see it going up and down even if there is no noise going into mic even if I mute the mic it still does it. Only does it when in Apex when I'm just on discord it doesn't do it just Apex

Message 1 of 25 (3,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Doing this now.
In the meantime I played earlier today with Dolby, noise remover, advanced EQ disabled and it worked without an issue FYI.
Although I haven't tried re-enabling them and see if the problem comes back. Testing this asap :D

View in thread

Message 16 of 25 (4,032 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Junkmann_666My friend has this problem too with his Logitech headset. His mic works fine until he opens Apex. When Apex is running, his mic stops working everywhere (Discord too) and in game you can hear something like "tac tac tac tac" sound

Message 2 of 25 (3,584 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Junkmann_666

Are you running any audio mixing software on your PC? If so, can you try disabling it to test and see if that makes any difference? I'm curious if there might be a conflict happening somewhere. 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 25 (3,552 Views)

★★ Novice
@Junkmann_666 Hi man, I came to this post looking for information because I have a Logitech G635. The problem only occurs in Apex, I do not understand anything. Have you found a solution?
Message 4 of 25 (3,530 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@GrimReminiscence Sorry, I think the previous translation was wrong.

Hi man, I came to this post looking for information because it happens to me just the same thing that happens to you. I have a Logitech G635. The problem only occurs in Apex, I do not understand anything. Have you found a solution?
Message 5 of 25 (3,529 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @GrimReminiscence

Could you share a DxDiag when you have a chance so we can take a look? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 25 (3,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Only thing im running to "control" audio is the stuff that came with the headset software and the software from realtek HD (on motherboard) here is my DXDiag

Message 7 of 25 (3,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue with same headset

Message 8 of 25 (3,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i think i may have fixed it played a few hrs no issues i turn off noise remove, turned off enabled advance EQ, and turn off surround sound in the logitech g hub. hope this is a perma fix time will tell

Message 9 of 25 (3,394 Views)

Community Manager

@Junkmann_666 

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you were able to figure out a workaround. Thumbs up

Kent.png
Message 10 of 25 (3,361 Views)