by misspooky

Original Post

Meridian: The Way Home "Defeat Defending Enemies" Bug

★★ Newbie

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Disc Based Install
Summarize your bug New Game +, insanity difficulty: In the quest Meridian: The Way Home the "Defeat Defending Enemies" objective will not continue. After killing the wave of enemies that spawn during the drop ship dialogue, no more enemies spawn and the quest does not progress. it is noteworthy that the Krogan allies to not appear and the wave including the kett ascendant does not spawn. Reloading, restarting the mission, & exiting the game does not fix.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Which single-player mode are you playing? New Game+ (available after completion).
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Insanity difficulty, new game +, avitus, vederia, & hayjer are pathfinders, sided with reyes, saved krogan scouts & kalinda
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

New Game +, insanity difficulty:

In the quest Meridian: The Way Home the "Defeat Defending Enemies" objective will not continue. After killing the wave of enemies that spawn during the drop ship dialogue, no more enemies spawn and the quest does not progress. it is noteworthy that although the resistance members are there for the battle, the Krogan allies who should join the fight do not appear and the enemy wave including the kett ascendant does not spawn. Reloading, restarting the mission, & exiting the game does not fix the issue.

Message 1 of 8 (5,826 Views)

Re: Meridian: The Way Home "Defeat Defending Enemies" Bug

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with NG++.  The NG+ game was no problem but this NG++ has this bug.  My 1st playthrough was on the original, unpatched version.  I have tried loading all autosave points and still get the bug.  Am now trying to restart mission from manual save before going to Remnant City.

Message 2 of 8 (5,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

NG+, insanity. 

I also encountered this bug at the end game. Think I found a reason why and a workaround: do not push enemies off the map. 

Don't use any biotics or biotic combos. Don't use any aoe jump melee attacks. Stick to (limited) combat and tech skills once you enter Meridian hub. Painstakingly take care to not push units off ledges because that does not kill units and Ryder can never reach them after. 

No clue about NG++ because I haven't started NG++. I have no idea why this bug is happening. I mean I had no problem on my 1st, normal difficulty playthru or in any other missions where I pushed enemies off the map. 

Hope you can finish the end mission and get past the waves. It's so annoying -___-

Message 3 of 8 (5,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I _DID_ notice a Remnant Assembler that went off the map play area but didnt go off radar and stayed a red dot on top screen radar. It looked like it was stuck in a wall (kadara raiders are horrible for this) just below the ledgenacross the gap to the left. I couldnt kill him, so there may be something to what you're proposing. I'm going to try tonight and will update. Thanks!
Message 4 of 8 (5,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@lmt_7816

I had the enemy behind wall issue.

I solved it by using the force attack that goes through walls and other obstructions. It took some shots but eventually the assembler died.

Unfortunately this wont help if you don't have that ability.

Message 5 of 8 (5,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ssagaesshna

Your advice was good! 

UPDATE:

On Insanity NG++ I just got around this bug.  Typically, I play as a tech using vanguard (love the armor tech boosts to compensate for out-of-profile tech recharge deficiencies), but I frequently use Infiltrator, engineer and Explorer.  I just beat this board with Infiltrator and with Explorer, using Infiltrator tactics.  I had VI Invasion, Overload and Biotic Charge as powers (charge strictly for shield boost, which turns out, I didnt need) and I use the Remnant light as cover and following @ssagaesshna advice, I killed everyone on the board: no melee kills, no tech/biotic/combat kills with force to them.  I infected the Anointeds and Destined, overloaded them, then Black Widow or Ushior sniped them.

Finally, I can proceed.  Note, not one enemy was knocked off the ledge and off the play area.

My suggestion: pick powers that don't move enemies then fight with guns only and kill everyone on the play area and you should be okay.

Good Luck and thanks to everyone who's been contributing!  Together, we MIGHT just get this game played Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 8 (5,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I have the same problem, first playthrough, disc install on ps4pro. I see an enemy dot on map hud but the enemy is gone somewhere. I will test not using biotics and not pushing anyone off a ledge. I really want to see the end... I've had these game breaking bugs since the beginning of the game. It seriosly impacts my own score on the game. I'ts a love hate relationship.
Message 7 of 8 (5,251 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Dont skip on the route toward the goal point. follow the road path and the enemies will appear. If u jump acros in the back etc, it bugs out.

Message 8 of 8 (3,226 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help