Menu wont load after splashscreen. Empty moving background

by RogueMissile

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Menu wont load after splashscreen. Empty moving background

★★ Novice

on rare occasions after countless restarts, I get the game to load fine however the majority of the time, after the game window opens, I get a flicker of the menu background blurred out and blank which then transitions straight into a long non skippable set of splash screens showing various logos. The music is playing whilst this is happening. Then afterwards, it loads up with just the set of transitioning blurry backgrounds seen on the menu screen with no icons anywhere and nothing to click or do but I can move my mouse around now. I have to repeatedly close the game and restart until it eventually loads up correctly. Sometimes, it is also just a blank black screen and no background at all.

On the occasion that it does load, it skips all the logos and just loads up the main game cover then changes into the menu screen correctly where I can actually play the game. But this is far too rare and inconsistent and should happen every time.

This issue has been occurring since I got the game months ago and it didn't occur with BF1.

How do I fix this?

Previous fix attempts:

Changed into borderless and windowed mode when starting the game,

changed graphics settings including dx11 & dx12,

disabled ASUS COM & ASUS HM COM services as stated in another thread & restarted on multiple occasions,

loaded Origin & BF5 in Administrator mode,

Loaded Origin in safe mode,

Complete reinstall of the game to a different drive,

cleared game cache,

removed documents files.

What else is there do try? Nothing seems to be working. I have the game on my second SSD currently with my documents folder on my windows 10 boot SSD.

Message 1 of 6 (656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Menu wont load after splashscreen. Empty moving background

Community Manager

@RogueMissile 

Can you try these steps below:

• Disable ASUS services per this user's suggestion using a clean boot.
  • Various solutions in this thread including file deletion.
  • Do you use Rog Gamfirst? Uninstalling it fixed that here.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (596 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @RogueMissile  Thank you for your detailed post! Standard smile 

So normally clearing the Online cloud and document folder for BFV solves this. I do see that you tried clearing the document folder, but have you also cleared the Origin Cloud? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atichow do I clear the cloud cache? I can only disable or restore it

Message 3 of 6 (629 Views)

★★ Novice

After some more research, I have cleared all the cache data in the appdata roaming folder, as well as the ProgramData folders and restarted my pc then the client. Unfortunately this did not change anything. I also tried running the game exe in windows 8 compatibility but that also didn't change anything. 
Is there any other options to try? I feel like I have wasted my money and time on this.

Message 4 of 6 (603 Views)

Community Manager

@RogueMissile 

Can you try these steps below:

• Disable ASUS services per this user's suggestion using a clean boot.
  • Various solutions in this thread including file deletion.
  • Do you use Rog Gamfirst? Uninstalling it fixed that here.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! Uninstalling ROG GameFirst seems to have fixed it. It is now starting every time so far.

Message 6 of 6 (570 Views)