Re: Meleeing when trying to Fire Weapon

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

Meleeing when trying to Fire Weapon

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The current control interface fails to differentiate between melee and fire weapon, which is wrong.

When I have my 'fists' out to run faster, and I want to fire my weapon, I should be able to pull out my gun and fire it with a simple mouse left click.

I have a key for Melee. I use that key to do Melee when I want to melee.

Therefore, when I press my left mouse button - which is not bound to mele - my character should not perform a Melee.

Currently, that is how things work - if your firsts are out, press left click, and you melee, despite having a specific keybind dedicated purely to performing a Melee.

Please fix this.

Message 1 of 3 (614 Views)

This is how it supposed to work.

If you are in the melee mode, you get increased movement speed and the fire key will execute melee attacks.

When you want to fire your weapon you will have to switch mode's by switching weapons and then you will be able to fire your guns.

In this mode your melee key will work as the way it is designed for and will execute a melee attack that will deal 30 damage.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 3 (601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is an old complaint, but as far as a I know still an issue. There really is no reason why there can't be a setting that un-holsters weapons when the "fire" button/bumper is pressed. 

Message 3 of 3 (532 Views)