Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mega-thread] - Infinite loading screens still...

by SprillO

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: (PC) Anthem: Stuck at loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Roadshark wrote:
I found a fix to my problem not being able to load the game for the first time:

The first and easiest way is to delete the whole folder and redownload the game. If thats not a option to download the full game again, like it wasnt for me, then heres the fix i used:

Go into the Anthem folder: (for instance E:\Origin\Anthem)
Then go in to: Data>win32>streaminginstall.

When you are here, delete all files and folder thats not named:
- Dylanddefaultinstallpackage
- Dylanfinalinstallpackage
- dylanforttarsinstallpackage

After that go into Dylanddefaultinstallpackage and delete all files named cas_20.cas and with numbers higher than 19. THESE ARE THE DEMO FILES. Also delete default.sb and default.toc in all three folders.

What i did after that was marking all folders, and deselecting "anthem.exe" "anthemtrail.exe and the "data" folder.

IF this still dosnt work, try going into the win 32 folder and delete all files and folders EXCEPT "streaminginstall".

After this is done click "repair" or "update" the game in origin. Then origin will validate the files, and re-download the missing ones (approx 2-3gb or so)

I have the same problem, going to try this method since i used Anthem Demo files as well. going to update when game finish repairing.

First edit : Game folder were around 75-ish GBs, moved files named cas_20.cas and  21,22, 24 etc until 43 somewhere else in Hard driver just incase ( gotta be safe ), deleted everything except Anthem.exe, dylanfinalinstallpackage folder, dylanforttarsisinstallpackage folder, and files between cas_01.cas to cas_19.cas in dylandefaultinstallpackage folder. all of those files were around 30GBs but my game only wants to download 6.62 GBs. odd. going to sleep now, gonna update when i wake up.

Message 741 of 760 (263 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Stuck in load screen.

★★ Newbie

Same here on pc with gtx1080 8 gb

Message 742 of 760 (390 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@jaywilms93 wrote:

I'm not even able to log into the game, if I'm lucky enough to get to the load screen it freezes half way through saying to check my Internet connection. 

Platform?

Message 743 of 760 (379 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Haven't been able to play since early this morning after i had to alt f4 on an infinite loading screen.

Been playing just fine all week.

My platform is PC and I've tried reinstalling anthem reinstalling origin and clearing my cache but nothing helps.

The game just gets stuck on loading every single time i try to launch a mission, have tried all different types of missions too.

Every function of the game other than loading into a mission works fine.

Message 744 of 760 (363 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I've been playing for about a week now.

Tried the tyrant mine stronghold today for the first time after the day one patch.

And the loading is stuck at 90%, didn't have this pre-patch.

Platform : PC

Message 745 of 760 (339 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
But do you get this every single time now?
Message 746 of 760 (337 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

So  I just solved my issue. The issue was solved by first loading into launch bay, now I'm able to load missions again, jesus.

Message 747 of 760 (330 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My demo played just fine, and when it booted me off at the end of 10 hours it still saved what I'd earned in that Freeplay session. But as soon as the game launched and I'd been in Freeplay for 3 hours, the infinite loading screen struck as I attempted to leave (right after battling an invisible titan), and so losing 3 hours of progress.

I haven't tried to play since. What's the point until they've done their jobs on this matter?

Message 748 of 760 (294 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Just tried to rejoin a session after the game threw me out with error retrieving live data. 

Was greeted by my old friend, 95% load screen.... This is on ps4

Message 749 of 760 (253 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Re install the full game, then it will work fine

Did the same for my kid

Message 750 of 760 (197 Views)
Twitter Stream