[Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Cortay

Original Post

Re: [Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

★ Apprentice

Xbox One X audio has cut out completely to both myself and teammates (they run on one x and one s) at different times.  

Closing game down wasn't enough.  Full restart of console was only fix.  This seems to be random and has happened as quickly as 30 minutes into game or hours.  

Message 331 of 359 (806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved everything to the external SSD and haven't had an issue since...  Previously, the main game was on the SSD and the pre-order was on the main HDD...  Makes me wonder if it's a combo of Colossus (trigger) and external/Internal installation (existing vulnerability to trigger)...

Message 332 of 359 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well I just had it happen playing in the Scars Stronghold. Right as we entered I lost all sound then it switched me from IceStorm to Electric (playing Storm) randomly. Was very confusing. to say the least.  I am on an AERO15X GTX 1070 I8 SSD/DDR. Don't think I ever died that much in any Session :}

Message 333 of 359 (706 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happens almost every night I play it on Xbox, the first time it happened a simple restart of the game allowed everything to go back to normal. Now the game won't even launch and when it does it does the intro in slow motion with no sound still. Then if I try to connect from the main menu after waiting for the laggy intro i just hit an infinite loading screen that doesn't go anywhere (even if I loaded in I suspect still no sound). A hard restart of my Xbox is the only thing that fixes the issue now. And with people's PS4's getting bricked, it doesn't make me feel safe to play this game when a hard reset is the only thing that will kick it out of its rut

Message 334 of 359 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't play Colossus for 1 week and no issues with sound drop, today playing colossus again and sound gone..

Message 335 of 359 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have had no issues with sound until today. I have been playing mostly colossus and have had no issues. Today I switched to Ranger and about a third into the mission I lost all sounds. I had to restart the game for it to come back.

Edit:… This bug had not reached me until the latest patch, but now it happens frequently… this is a constant bug in all of your games, I experienced this in ME3, in MEA, and now Anthem. Maybe you should look deeper since this is consistent, just saying… 

Message 336 of 359 (589 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had no issue with sound until this current and last patch now I get 1/2 way thru a mission and it cuts out. Love the game but hate how slow you move in the city it takes forever to get any where either make auto path or increase speed to light speed.

Message 337 of 359 (575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can press shift to toggle on run mode in the fort. Not much faster, but it does make a difference.

Message 338 of 359 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is getting ridiculous audio still keeps cutting off, i am using a external soundblaster x7, never ever i have problems with other stuff and sound related, this is not nice to play the game, need to reboot the game everytime when it randomly cuts out on the pc.

Message 339 of 359 (528 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sorry if someone else posted this, I had this problem but only in Borderless Window Mode when I swapped to Full Screen it has not occured... yet
Message 340 of 359 (506 Views)