[Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Cortay

Original Post

PC Audio Dropout

★ Novice

Audio drop out bug still seems to present even after the patch in fact seems to be far worse than before.
Seems to drop during every contract i play now.

Message 181 of 359 (322 Views)

Re: PC Audio Dropout

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

mine is not dropping every time but there is more hitching in the sound. Game seems to have more lag as well. Loading is about the same since I have had it installed on my m.2 .

Message 182 of 359 (309 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. 

Audio still drops out and Game still crashes sometimes.

Loading screens are better but the Game itself is pretty laggy and Character freezes in the middle of a battle or while flying (Lag if i´m not in town or in a Cave because of the perma Rain)

Message 183 of 359 (302 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine dropped in middle of tyrant mine. Required restart of game. Audio in windows itself worked fine as did audio from youtube when audio in game was not working.

Message 184 of 359 (283 Views)

★ Guide

never had it before today but now if i go into the open area it happens seems to be randomly in the first 5-10 mins 

Message 185 of 359 (280 Views)

Re: [Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

★★ Novice
You do not need to be in combat, it is just a bug that happens when you load into the game. It feels like the audio package does not get loaded in, and then it never ever gets loaded in again. It happens on every mode, but not very often for me.
Message 186 of 359 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This became much worse after the patch.. Now it occurs way more often. Ive lost sound in every single mission so far.... 

Message 187 of 359 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I had the sound issue, lost audio within 5 minutes of my first mission after the day 1 patch.

After reading some comments here, someone mentioned changing the "Default Recording Device" in the Windows sound settings.

I had my mic input disabled, I enabled it, changed default to my headset mic, then changed default back to my sound card (that does not have a mic plugged in).

After doing this, I launched Anthem and was able to play for a couple hours without sound issues. I did crash to desktop twice and lost connection to server once, though those are other issues.
Message 188 of 359 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I have a 2 year old Xbox one S and Anthem is digital. Anytime I try and join through quick play after about 10 minutes the audio cuts out, I start lagging and freezing, and then my game tells me I have a connection issue and brings me to the main screen. Weirdest thing is that the main screen has either no audio or stuttering audio. 

Message 189 of 359 (487 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Tell me if im wrong but the day 1 patch that was supposed to fix this problem has already been and the problem is definitely not fixed, it also keeps giving me direct x runtime errors randomly and shutting down anthem.

Message 190 of 359 (456 Views)