[Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Cortay

Original Post

Sound Bug

★ Novice

Hi,

randomly get no sound until i restart the game.

Using a fiio e10 on usb. Other system sounds (twitch stream or a yt video) continues without a problem.

Message 71 of 359 (1,239 Views)

Re: Audio suddenly disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

yes @HateGlow  it fixes by restarting the game

Message 72 of 359 (1,255 Views)

Re: Sound Cut off.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is a response from Bioware posted on the subreddit.

" Just a quick heads up to all you Freelancers:

We have improved audio performance and fixed a LOT of bugs since the demo - unfortunately there are still instances of total audio dropout occurring which will require a restart. We have a significant fix for this issue that will be deployed in the day 1 patch. We are also working closely with Frostbite audio to address any possible remaining causes.

The issue seems to occur most often in heavy four player firefights in certain conditions, but it's very difficult to trap, and therefore reproduce to solve.

We appreciate your patience and are sorry for the hassle, we are trying very hard to get this completely solved as soon as possible! "

Link to comment here:

/u/BioWareJer comments on Complete audio dropouts

Message 73 of 359 (1,521 Views)

Re: Anthem Audio Loss on PC

★ Novice

I have experienced this bug as well. All audio cuts out, at seemingly random points. Happened in Demo and in the trial. The only way to resolve is to reboot the game. I've played 3 missions now with no sound.

Message 74 of 359 (3,404 Views)

★★ Novice

same nothing i do other than exit game and restart solves the problem, really annoying.

Message 75 of 359 (3,381 Views)

Re: Audio suddenly disappeared

★★★ Newbie

This is a problem for many people, heck, there's even a web article about it.  Top issue I've had.

Sound cuts out in the heat of combat, no way to get it back other than restart the client.

Message 76 of 359 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

definately not the  bullet impact modifier, had it on zero, happened too

Message 77 of 359 (3,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did 5 expeditions with the bullet impact modifier set to zero, no sound issues.

I did 2 expeditions with the bullet impact modifier to +6dBn no sound issues.

Perhaps did issue occurs in the initial missions for whatever reason. 

I have no issues now and I don't feel like starting the game again just to test this.

Message 78 of 359 (3,275 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can confirm this has happen to me multiple times now. At least 3. The most recent time was right when I activated my push to talk key to say something on in game VOIP, them bamn no sound.  Going to disable VOIP and see if that helps. No one seems to use it anyway, only one other person talked to me in 30 missions. 

Message 79 of 359 (3,199 Views)

★★ Novice
Same thing even now in the early access for us origin access premier folks. Just happened to me
Message 80 of 359 (3,174 Views)