[Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Cortay

Original Post

Re: [Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

★★★★★ Newbie

Audio cut out then game froze now I restarted the game. Game has no audio and will not get past loading screen after connection to server. 

Message 351 of 359 (2,224 Views)

★★ Novice

Playing Anthem for the first time! Great so far, but this audio bug is annoying! I am having buggy audio with cracking at times... Enough for me to find myself on this forum and not playing....

Message 352 of 359 (2,131 Views)

Re: Audio cuts out in main menu

★★★ Novice

I have very stuttery audio when the game is starting up, but by the time I enter a match I have no audio

Message 353 of 359 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Cortay Has anyone tried outputting audio through Bluetooth speakers to see if the fault follows? Perhaps the game is struggling with your gpu audio drivers, but maybe it will be compatible with Bluetooth, or onboard audio.

Im outputting from hdmi on an rx 580 and I usually have no audio, but sometimes in the menu I will get stutters of glitch sound.
Message 354 of 359 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Nacho_Chungus I honestly can't say, I think for me it was CPU bottle necking that was causing my issue, I haven't played since launch but after I upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 2700X I stopped having that issue. I was using USB audio (Astro A50 Wireless headset).

Message 355 of 359 (1,866 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So I'm having almost the same issue on my xb1. I have sound when I dont use a headset, but as soon as i plug a headset in my audio starts to stutter then eventually crashes to dashboard...... I made sure all the right ports are open, etc. 

Wish there is a easy solution to this

Message 356 of 359 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is still an issue almost 2 years later?  My audio cuts out shortly after I get into the game.  The promotional videos have audio and I get a couple seconds of the title screen before it cuts out consistently, and it cuts my entire computer audio out until I exit anthem.

Message 357 of 359 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DrekleTry setting your audio to no higher than DVD quality in your windows settings. I’ve had zero issues with sound since doing this more than a year ago. This was/is a frostbite engine issue since it happened/happens in many frostbite games. Just be aware, sometimes Windows resets this stuff, so always check this if you have this kind of sound issue in a frostbite game. Can’t say for sure if it will fix things on every frostbite game, since some are based on older versions of the engine. 

Message 358 of 359 (1,399 Views)

Re: Audio cuts out during gameplay

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Ataashi Bonjour ,
J aimerai savoir dans ce cas de figure c est la manette ou le casqu qu il faut changer ??
Message 359 of 359 (869 Views)