Re: [Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Raehne34

Original Post

★ Guide

Just did tyrant mine and lost sound where we need to collect echoes. Two times tonight this happend. PC version.

Message 271 of 359 (832 Views)

Sound is an issue

★ Guide

In 35 mins I had to restart the game 3 times to get the sound back. Its a disaster that this even happens :/, why can't they just fix what they need to fix and let it be. No more hot fixes that will * the game up. Since I installed the last hot fix I had nothing but problems with the game. 

Message 272 of 359 (510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had audio problems on Xbox One several times since launch. I play with headphones, and usually will hear a crackling sound, then audio will disappear for the game. I can go into Xbox Home and can hear just fine. But when going back into the game, the audio will be gone. Closing out the game and reopening fixes this, but it is not an option while playing on a mission. I have to wait and complete the mission first with no sound. Breaks immersion.

Message 273 of 359 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

PC specs: Ryzen 5 2600, Asus B450-F Mobo, 16 GB RAM, Realtek Audio, NVidia 1050TI 4GB, SSD

I was grouped up with 2 other friends last night a little bit after midnight EST and we did the Temple of Scars Stronghold on Hard. We were killing things in the first area and one of the explosions was especially loud and 2 of us, including myself lost all in game sound. About 20 seconds later, I heard a loud Brrrr sound and I lost all sound in Discord. I tried to check my sound settings in Windows and got an error message saying that the audio enhancements for the port which my headset was plugged into had been disabled. Would I like to enable them. I clicked yes and then I was able to access my sound settings. We finally finished the stronghold and I exited the game and then I logged back in and my games sounds did not come back. I go back into my sound settings in Windows and check the box to disable all audio enhancements. Log back into the game and I have game sounds. After about an hour I log for the night and turn off my PC. About 15 minutes ago, I log into the game to play for a bit tonight and I don't have any game sounds at all. The audio enhancements are still disabled on my headset still.

I check the Application log in my Event Viewer and see some entries around the time of my playtime last night...

At one point last evening my Origins client crashed.

The program Origin.exe version 10.5.34.21025 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2808
Start Time: 01d4ce30bc564707
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe
Report Id: f9637b48-8c2f-49d6-a94b-d3e6143b8c3e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Later one that night when I had the sound issues, I saw a bunch of audio related entries...
Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.17134.471, time stamp: 0x7ba55a2a
Faulting module name: NAHIMICV3apo.dll, version: 10.0.10011.16384, time stamp: 0x595e4369
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000379f91
Faulting process id: 0x2824
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ce526dfcc4df
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NAHIMICV3apo.dll
Report Id: 9b74ef68-39f7-4681-a781-2822b72e7249
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I logged into game, I didn't see any additional audio related entries pop up in the Applications log. 

I've no idea how to get my game sound/audio back. Playing this game without audio is no fun at all. I might as well just play something else until this bug is fixed.

UPDATE: 2/28 - I uninstalled/Re-installed my Realtek Audio drivers and that didn't seem to help at all. On a whim, I went into my Windows sound settings and unchecked the box next to Disable all audio enhancements and I got my game sounds back. Not sure what's going on with this game...lose game sound/disable all audio enhancements/ sound comes on/log for the night...next night, log in to play, no game sounds/uninstall/reinstall audio drivers/no effect/re-enable audio enhancements and game sounds come back...

Message 274 of 359 (811 Views)

★★ Novice

Just my 2 cents. I played the VIP Demo and first Closed Alpha and never had sounds issues. I've had the sound cut out issue at least bi-daily since the Day 1 patch last friday...

This is a Frostbite engine problem I've experienced as far back as Battlefield 4 and still seen present in most games with Frostbite.

It utterly killed my enjoyment of Battlefront 2 as it still happens every 2 matches/maps. If BioWare can some how solve it for Anthem it'd be just the best thing ever.

Message 275 of 359 (772 Views)

★★ Novice
Experiencing the exact same issue my first time playing through the final mission, completely ruined my experience, I tried changing audio settings. I quit the game and reloaded, still no audio. Please fix this, had to completely reboot my console to get it back.
Message 276 of 359 (705 Views)

★★ Novice

28.2. 2019 new patch same *.... i managed to play throught whole story line without problem, but last 3 days every single contract i do i lose all audio after first or second fight....

This game is broken crap and you instead of fixing it waste your time on stupid loot reworks...   

Message 277 of 359 (700 Views)

★★ Novice
Had this happen last night during the boss fight in the Scar Temple. XBox1X
Message 278 of 359 (700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA Devs, 

Your gamers appreciate honesty not arbitrated deadline. When you say "day 1 patch", we expect you have identified the glitch and are waiting to rollout the fix. Just say "we are isolating the glitch, expect and update soon". You cannot please everyone. 

Did you look at the audio compression settings you are using in Frostbite? You may need to scale back sound quality or change the way your effects are managed.

I suspect this because when playing the game the audio seems to bug out when there are multiple players in an area, and multiple foes as well.

Remember you have combos, and collision effects, impact effects, and lord knows what else you threw in there that I am not hearing.

Get into the compression, make sure your audio clips are decompressed/compressed in the right method for their size and length.

Maybe you write a few lines of code to limit the amount of clips of a certain size and length to be processed at once. I notice this always happens when there is a lot going on. The CPU is already under stress then it spikes and in order to keep the game/pc from crashing it kills the audio. 

Consider switching even some of your short clips from PCM to ADPCM as it will draw less CPU usage. 

Honestly, you guys should be able to replicate the scenario better than most. Get in your game and spawn a bunch of scars with variety, have four testers using different javelins. Gradually increase the amount of scars to increase the number of SFX clips being played. When you hit the audio bug, record the benchmark. 

Several solutions in my mind. Change the compression or add a dimension to the audio thresholds i.e. your application only picks up sound ques at X defined distance in game space. Maybe the enemies become too crowded then start firing all at once with 4 javelins also firing (consider explosive damage hitting 4 enemies at once triggering multiple sound ques at once at close range before the shot and explosive clip ends), shattering that threshold of distance and triggering a failsafe that kills the audio. If i have 20 enemies around me, I dont need to hear a sound clip from across the visual map. Honestly, the lazy fix would probably be to decrease the sound quality so much it eradicates the problem. The best way to fix it would be to change your parameters, add some "if ___ then ___ " code to tighten up the traffic and review your scheme of compression. 

Message 279 of 359 (688 Views)

★ Apprentice

DATE: 02-28-29

Happened again today, twice so far.

So this is far from "SOLVED" as this thread seems to assert.

Message 280 of 359 (666 Views)