Re: Audio cuts out during gameplay

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Re: Sound Cut off.

★ Novice

I've had this several times across many types of interactions.  Never in Fort Tarsis, but in Strongholds, Missions, and Freeplay.  The worst one was when I did "Return to the Heart of Rage".  I had to leave because I didn't want to miss the story for the end of game.  I'm sure my teammates were not too happy.

Message 151 of 359 (1,296 Views)

Re: Audio cuts out during gameplay

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I've merged most of your post about the audio issue into this one thread - I'm sorry for the confusion that it might have caused, but it will improve communication in the future.

Here's the official statement from Michael Gamble regarding this problem:

Just a quick heads up to all you Freelancers:

We have improved audio performance and fixed a LOT of bugs since the demo - unfortunately there are still instances of total audio dropout occurring which will require a restart. We have a significant fix for this issue that will be deployed in the day 1 patch. We are also working closely with Frostbite audio to address any possible remaining causes.

The issue seems to occur most often in heavy four player firefights in certain conditions, but it's very difficult to trap, and therefore reproduce to solve.

We appreciate your patience and are sorry for the hassle, we are trying very hard to get this completely solved as soon as possible!

Edit [24/02/2019]:

Hello Freelancers!

Our team is still looking into the problem with cutting out sound in the game. Thank you so much for all the information provided so far and your patience, while we're working on a solution.

[This post has been marked as accepted solution only for better visibility, we do not consider this issue resolved]

/Ataashi

Message 152 of 359 (49,960 Views)

Ingame sound suddently disappears

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission/Freelay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In game freeplay/missions
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18-02-19 18:10
Summarize your bug All sound suddently disappears.. Cant do anything to get it backbut to restart the game.  
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? All sound disappears
What should be happening instead? Sound should be present

Message 153 of 359 (1,265 Views)

Re: Ingame sound suddently disappears

★★★ Newbie

Same happens to me i just start a mission and after a while all sound disappears but if i restart it works fine.

Message 154 of 359 (1,253 Views)

★★ Novice
I had a similar issue yesterday - loaded the game and started a quickplay session - no sound. I thought I heard sound during the initial loading screens, but I was also streaming netflix at the same time. I brushed it off as some failure to load sound on start. I restarted the game, no problems.
Message 155 of 359 (1,367 Views)

★★ Novice

I've also experienced this and wanted to add that it only seems to occur when using headphones. When routing sound through speakers I haven't had a single instance of sound cutting out. 

Message 156 of 359 (1,364 Views)

Re: [Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

★★ Novice

I had the same probs on pc 2 times in 3 hours

Message 157 of 359 (1,350 Views)

★★ Novice

I suppose it was too good to be true! Had sound cut out on the final mission with 3 others. This time using speakers.

Message 158 of 359 (1,324 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hardly got this bug in the last couple of days, today I am getting it constantly.

Message 159 of 359 (1,300 Views)

Re: [Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

★★ Apprentice

Even online blogs are reporting this GAME BREAKING issue!

See:
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/anthem-sound-stops-working-how-to-fix-sound-bug

The windows sound system continue to work its definitely the game that is * out.

Message 160 of 359 (1,294 Views)