Re: Sound Cut off.

by Blaster_Knight

Original Post

Re: Anthem Audio Loss on PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Agreed LTBiff. Also a poster in the comments points out that making the change stated will not resolve the issue and why.

Message 121 of 359 (762 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes happened to me as well, sound cutting our in middle of missions or freeplay. 3 or 4 times so far since Friday. Sound Blaster AE-5 soundcard on Windows 10 64 latest OS release and latest drivers from Creative.
Message 122 of 359 (448 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah this bug is completely killing the game for me. I'm not too happy with the overall state as it is, but this bug in particular is the nail in the coffin. I've tried every single thing I can think of, audio always goes out within an hour of playing. Giving Anthem a final chance after the supposed Day 1 patch.

Message 123 of 359 (827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having a similar problem - but instead of the the Anthem audio giving up all together my entire PCs audio just "freezes" ... It just makes a noise similar to white noise and it is absolutely horrible. EVERYTHING goes quiet except for the the "white noise" - Discord, Anthem, system sound, music - ALL OF IT. Shutting Anthem down solves the problem so my go-to quick fix is to mute all sound via my headset and finish my mission before restarting.... But it is starting to get annoying.

It has happened 3-4 times now - once yesterday, twice in a row and one random time today. Seems to only be during missions, but other than that I can't think of any particular sound causing it (no loud explosions etc).

I am using a Logitech G430 gaming headset, incase that matters.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Message 124 of 359 (796 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To disable Origin In Game - Click the Game Tile > Click Settings > Click Game Properties > Un-check Enable Origin In Game for Anthem > Click Save

Message 125 of 359 (777 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have you people tried what i suggested? Try to disable the HPET from both bios and windows.

Also,is the game audio still bugs out and missing some sound effects while in battle like on the demo or at least that was fixed? i did not pre order so i can't test it yet myself.

Message 126 of 359 (769 Views)

in game sound stops

★★★ Novice

so my ingame just stops at randomely some times when i tabout of the game in borderless mode, and only way to get sound back is to restart the game, just wondring if this happens to some one else

Message 127 of 359 (414 Views)

Re: in game sound stops

★★ Guide

Yep pretty much most missions, its so annoying. You would think something like that would be picked up from the demo's and the hundreds of comments...

Message 128 of 359 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been having the same issue. In the BioWare response on Reddit, they said it is most commonly a problem with 4-man squads, but I have been playing a lot of solo freeplay, and I've had it cut out on me numerous times. It does seem to be related to intense firefights. I have not noticed it ever cut out on me just roaming around, but when I've got 15+ enemies on me all firing at once, that is usually when the sound drops.

Happens every time I play, so it is a pretty serious problem.

Message 129 of 359 (446 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Some one else suggested this fix that seemed to help.  Adjust the ingame volume on the Voice SFX and Music to like 70%.  It seemed to stop the sound cut out for me and a few others.

Message 130 of 359 (442 Views)