[Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Cortay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Mega thread] Audio cuts out during gameplay

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Audio cutting out until restart. Audio drops during mission, have to restart to get it to come back. Third time in 6 hours.

UPDATE: Installed the day 1 patch that just went live. Lost audio within 5 minutes of starting a mission. Issue is NOT resolved.

UPDATE2: Lost audio a total of three times while playing last night since the Day 1 patch went live in a 3 hour session. My audio is set to Surround Headphones. All other audio sources continue to work (external browsers, Discord, etc).

Message 26 of 359 (49,305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio cuts out during gameplay

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I've merged most of your post about the audio issue into this one thread - I'm sorry for the confusion that it might have caused, but it will improve communication in the future.

Here's the official statement from Michael Gamble regarding this problem:

Just a quick heads up to all you Freelancers:

We have improved audio performance and fixed a LOT of bugs since the demo - unfortunately there are still instances of total audio dropout occurring which will require a restart. We have a significant fix for this issue that will be deployed in the day 1 patch. We are also working closely with Frostbite audio to address any possible remaining causes.

The issue seems to occur most often in heavy four player firefights in certain conditions, but it's very difficult to trap, and therefore reproduce to solve.

We appreciate your patience and are sorry for the hassle, we are trying very hard to get this completely solved as soon as possible!

Edit [24/02/2019]:

Hello Freelancers!

Our team is still looking into the problem with cutting out sound in the game. Thank you so much for all the information provided so far and your patience, while we're working on a solution.

[This post has been marked as accepted solution only for better visibility, we do not consider this issue resolved]

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 152 of 359 (49,799 Views)

All Replies

Anthem Audio Loss on PC

★ Apprentice

On several Stronghold missions (VIP demo and open demo) the game lost audio completely. First I tought it's my PC but it was definately the game.

Message 1 of 359 (56,231 Views)

Re: Anthem Audio Loss on PC

★ Guide

I've noticed the music cutting in and out on Xbox, but ambient sound was still there.

Message 2 of 359 (56,221 Views)

★ Pro

For me it wasn't per se one mission, when the audio stopped it was gone until I restarted the game.

Message 3 of 359 (56,213 Views)

★ Pro

Also voice chat (at least with PTT) is no longer working at all.  I noticed the VOIP setting got turned off somehow, but I turned it back on and it still doesn't work.  (Tested when the game audio was actually working...)

Message 4 of 359 (56,204 Views)

Betreff: Anthem Audio Loss on PC

★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm. It literally blasted out the sound completly. Outside of the game sound was working, but not a beep anymore ingame.

Only restart of game could fix it.

Message 5 of 359 (56,193 Views)

AUDIO/SOUND ISSUE WITH ANTHEM

★★ Apprentice

My PC

X99 ROG STRIX with realtek audio

i7 6900K

32 GB RAM

GTX 1080TI

Audio randomly cut when fighting then comeback, weapons have fire sound then randomly no fire sound and others sound effect in the game will cut, then there is sound after some seconds, audio cut then comeback frequently and randomly.

Is this a bug in frostbite engine with realtek audio ?

I spent all the time in VIP demo and open demo trying to fix it with no luck.

games run very smoothly, i have a good PC, but the audio stutter randomly in fight makes the game unplayable.

Instead of FPS stutter, i have AUDIO stutter Angry

EDIT: i am trying now, and this time audio cut and it doesn't come back, all audio in the game are completely off and i need to close restart the game. nice!

no buy, enough bugs. when Bioware fixed the issue, i will buy it.

Message 6 of 359 (48,774 Views)

Sound hitching during loading

★ Guide

Although the game isn't loading completely I am still getting the sound hitch while it loads like I had during the demo...

I can't even enjoy the many load screens I am getting.

Message 7 of 359 (47,143 Views)

Sound Cut off.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. During the first expidition to save Matthias inside the temple thing. (Not memorable name)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19 08:40 PST
Summarize your bug Sound cut out completely making the game annoying to play. Even back in Fort Tarsis Sound did not return until restart of computer.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can't say for sure just run the mission see if it happens?
What happens when the bug occurs? All sound turns off.
What should be happening instead? Continued Sound would be nice.

Just hoping to get the sound bug fixed. Apparently this was a resolved issue from the demo but maybe not.

PS: To those having this issue I've found that if you Alt + Tab or Click off of the game it seems to happen more often. Spent three hours playing the game without the issue once and then alt tabbed a few times to talk with a friend and then WHAM no sound

Message 8 of 359 (50,276 Views)

Audio cuts out in main menu

★★★★ Novice

Whenever I open the game, audio cuts out a couple seconds into the main menu.  The opening logos have sound, and there is even music on the menu for a second, then all audio stops.  I have tried restarting the game, Origin, and even my PC, but the glitch still happens every time.

Message 9 of 359 (48,746 Views)