Matchmaking takes too long PC

by jacksonsteed

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking takes too long PC

★★★ Newbie

I launch the game perfectly, runs smooth. But matchmaking takes up to 20 mins or sometimes never gets me into a match. Family members play on the same wifi in the same house on xbox and have no issues.

Message 1 of 13 (1,923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Matchmaking takes too long PC

Community Manager

Hey @jacksonsteed

Let's try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help with the matchmaking issues you've been seeing. 

I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having trouble finding a game after that I'd recommend running through the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (1,860 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jacksonsteed

Let's try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help with the matchmaking issues you've been seeing. 

I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having trouble finding a game after that I'd recommend running through the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

went through it- no change. It also says there are only 3 players in queue. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And it actually never matched me to a game, just kicked me out of the queue. 

Message 4 of 13 (1,764 Views)

Community Manager

@jacksonsteed 

Thanks for following up and letting me know. 

When you've got a chance could you try changing the DNS in Windows to see if that helps as well? I've seen some cases where using a different DNS can help with issues like this. 

You can update your DNS under the TCP/IP Settings in Windows. For more information on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you choose the Manual option you can enter in a specific DNS you want to use. I usually go with the public Google DNS (primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4), but if there's a different DNS you would prefer using that's OK as well. 

Let me know if that helps at all with getting into a match. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 13 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That doesn't help either. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game. 

Message 6 of 13 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Matchmaking is not working as intended, after you select a game mode you wish to play the game will continually flash back and forth between “STARTING SERVER” and “ Matchmaking” but will never actually place you in a que. It doesn’t seem to place you in a waiting room while it finds enough players to start a game.
Message 7 of 13 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same issue but matchmaking in the last 45 minutes is just spooling and queuing players upto 300+. Restarted the game and Origin itself along with internet.

Watched the entire dev stream and still waiting for server to start the match.  Doesn't matter which mode apart from Firing Range.

Played about 9 games since update and every time when exiting to lobby I would remain in-game as spectator for about 2-3 minutes regardless of how many times I select exit game.

Message 8 of 13 (1,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This is also happening to me. All day. Can't join a single game, and getting constantly booted with a code: leaf and code: net. What the *. This isn't any issue with our connections. It's your servers.

I can't even get into a single ranked game.

Message 9 of 13 (1,450 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates, everyone. 

The team put out an update last night that should have helped with some of the matchmaking issues that people have been seeing. Have you had a chance to play at all since then? Are you still running into any trouble finding a match? 

/Kent 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 13 (1,304 Views)