Matchmaking sending me to empty servers.

by BrokenObjective

Original Post

Matchmaking sending me to empty servers.

★★★★★ Apprentice

So this is the first time today that I have had matchmaking kick in after a game and its sending me to empty severs or near empty severs that don't fill up? This has happened with every game Iv'e played today. The problem with this too is that I don't get to cycle through the various maps, because I'm sent out of the rotation to find a new game due to this matchmaking. It also takes really long to find a new game and then its a near empty server, so you wait for a few minutes(more time wasted) and no one else joins, so the result is then having to quit and try find a new game, only to be matched again into a empty or near empty server, round and round we go in a vicious circle.. Its also a pain in the butt because the group I was playing with was perfectly fine, and it was a full server, so why send me away?

Message 1 of 9 (1,039 Views)

Re: Matchmaking sending me to empty servers.

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Hard to find games. When you find one it's almost over and then matchmaking. If it finds a lobby i'm usually the only one there. This started today for me, it's never been an issue before. And I just got error code 1066.

Message 2 of 9 (998 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What i have seen with this new system, is that after both rounds on the map have been played, it will change up the teams.  it will dump you into a lobby, but then it fills back up with the same people just mixed up.  Now this takes a minute or two.  But the problem is that people don't wait for it to fill back up and leave.  They see an empty or nearly empty lobby and get pissed, so they leave.  This leaves you with an empty lobby.  So i think that if we give it a few mins to finish up, we will have full teams again. 

Just my two cents.

Message 3 of 9 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm on PS4 and have the same problem since yesterda. I can only play galactic assault or blast the other game modes don't find game server or players at all and the 2 modes I can play work for me only half of the time with full server and also get kicked after one round into empty galactic assault server instead of playing the other side. also error code 1,066 happens to popup every 30 mins searching. I started last week and everythink was fine no problems at all....

Message 4 of 9 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@vettalec wrote:

What i have seen with this new system, is that after both rounds on the map have been played, it will change up the teams.  it will dump you into a lobby, but then it fills back up with the same people just mixed up.  Now this takes a minute or two.  But the problem is that people don't wait for it to fill back up and leave.  They see an empty or nearly empty lobby and get pissed, so they leave.  This leaves you with an empty lobby.  So i think that if we give it a few mins to finish up, we will have full teams again. 

Just my two cents.

Yeah but what's the point if you start as rebel and after the round they mix teams into an empty lobby and you get switched to play rebel again???

Message 5 of 9 (961 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

at least your still playing.

Message 6 of 9 (946 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have the same issues. Is really hard to find a room with players. The game spent a lot of time looking for a room and when finally there is one available, I am the only one inside, waiting for the other players.

Another thing, have you noticed that now there are much more lag than before? When I play Starfighter Assault, Strike or any game mode there are to much lag and my connection is excellent because it only happens with this game
Message 7 of 9 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Its also all good and well to wait a few minutes, but I waited for over 10 minutes yesterday to see if the server does fill up, but it doesn't. So then the result is we spending more time waiting to play a game, than actually playing.. It gets boring quickly.
Message 8 of 9 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying Starfighter Assault on PS4 West Coast USA for 3 days. Never get enough players to start a match. 

Message 9 of 9 (799 Views)