Matchmaking Failed, Error Code: -34601 (BF1 on Xbox 1)

by FurzzyMrBear13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking Failed, Error Code: -34601 (BF1 on Xbox 1)

★★ Novice

Attempting to join online matches, Battlefield 1, on Xbox 1.

Full (exact) text of error, (sorry no picture).

"MATCHMAKING FAILED

An error occurred, please try again later.

Error code: -34601"

This error occurs when I try to join a match of any type (operations, conquest, domination, frontlines, etc.)

I can view the quickmatch menu and the list/map of operations, but when I try to join a gametype or operation the error occurs.

I am playing on an Xbox one, the error has occurred on and off (4 separate times) over the last three days, lasting between 1-14 hours. 

I am "online", in that I am logged in (gamer tag visible) and can modify my player, view medals, codex, etc.

I am playing at various times of day from 3 pm to 2 am from the Minneapolis, MN area (Hutchinson, MN).

I have tried:

1) resetting my router

2) restarting my router (left off for 10+ minutes)

3) closing BF1, stopping the application, and reopening BF1

4) turning off my Xbox 1, unplugging, and waiting 10+ minutes 

5) steps 2 and 4 simultaneously, waiting for the router to recover before plugging in the Xbox 1.

Solution "5" had some limited success, it worked the first time (3 days ago), but it hasn't worked since. 

My network status declares and "Open" Nat Type, utilizing port 3074.

I suspect I have some sort of networking issue. Because sometimes the game works flawlessly and other times, it errors out.

I don't have the IT background to get extremely technical with, so the super in depth networking guides are a bit out of my league. (Keep replies technical enough for a real solution, but keep it simple enough so I don't need to go to a vo-tec to understand you)

However, I am not entirely stupid, I have tried the simple stuff like "turn it off and back on". Please, don't waste my time with that. 

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 16 (29,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Matchmaking Failed, Error Code: -34601 (BF1 on Xbox 1)

Community Manager

Thanks for giving out some detailed info on that error, @FurzzyMrBear13

Another thing I recommend trying is clearing your MAC Address.

• From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
  • Check your Xbox Settings to make sure the clock for your Xbox is synced up with your actual timezone. 

I tend to see more errors occur during quick match and hardly ever see it at all when finding games with the server browser. If you run into this a lot I'd try going through the server browser to avoid it and perhaps try reinstalling the game when you don't plan to play it for an hour or two to see if that clears this up.

Good luck!

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (29,336 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Quick update,

The error has continued, but I have tried a few things and found a fairly robust, if not tedious, fix.

I found option 3 in the original post to work best

Steps

1) press the "xbox" button, and return to your xbox's home screen

2) hover over BF1 and press the "menu" button (right above the right stick) and select "Quit" at the bottom of the pop-up menu.

(This will stop/close the BF1 game rather than 'minimize' it.)

3) reopen the game and log in. Try to join a match, if the error occurs again (Error Code: -34601), return to step 1 and try again.

Sometimes I have to iterate a couple times before the error clears up, but so far this method has worked three times in a row; without resetting or powering down any equipment. 

If anyone has any other ideas, or knows the root cause, feel free to let me know. Maybe I just got lucky three times in a row.

Message 2 of 16 (29,339 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for giving out some detailed info on that error, @FurzzyMrBear13

Another thing I recommend trying is clearing your MAC Address.

• From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
  • Check your Xbox Settings to make sure the clock for your Xbox is synced up with your actual timezone. 

I tend to see more errors occur during quick match and hardly ever see it at all when finding games with the server browser. If you run into this a lot I'd try going through the server browser to avoid it and perhaps try reinstalling the game when you don't plan to play it for an hour or two to see if that clears this up.

Good luck!

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 16 (29,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you, because of you I kept on doing the same thing you said to do, and it finally worked on the third try.
Message 4 of 16 (27,300 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
im getting this too on pc through quickmatch i can only join a game through server broswer
Message 5 of 16 (26,723 Views)

★ Novice

Can't join any matchmaking error code 34601 I have tried everything even clear cache from advance settings 

Message 6 of 16 (14,315 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@FurzzyMrBear13 Same here! On xbox one. However, it seems i get the error only on operations. Conquest and other game modes work.
Message 7 of 16 (12,365 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m still alive and having the same issue, write in the chain if a real fix is made Frown

Message 8 of 16 (12,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue and nothing fixes it. Hasn’t allowed me to play in 2 months now

Message 9 of 16 (11,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Jabola76 Back to the same issue here. Now all I see are empty servers in the server browser. Game has been unplayable for weeks now.
Message 10 of 16 (10,546 Views)