Re: Massive ping issues while playing

by Noot315

Original Post

Massive ping issues while playing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I play on the Singapore servers and many times during the day I get massive ping spikes during gameplay, while that happens I run a speedtest.net to see if its my internet but it turns out that my internet is working fine, then I run a UO Trace to the SG 1 server during the Ping Spike to see if if its anything else or issues with routing, even that shows no issues and around 70-80 ping. I can't understand what's happening and I'm sure that I'm not the only one because some on my friends are also facing the same issue.

I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps and there is still no improvement.
Please help

I play on PC through Steam

Message 1 of 7 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko or some EA person please help, I've contacted EA support but they don't give any helpful information

Message 2 of 7 (355 Views)

Community Manager

@Noot315 I would recommend checking out our Basic and Advanced Connection Guide, If you continue seeing issues can you share a new UOTrace (Requires PC) that also shows the remaining fields?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 7 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium  I have done the steps mentioned in the basic and Advanced connection guide, I am on a wired connection. Flushed DNS, Opened ports for the game, made sure UPnP is on but its still the same. I also checked my ping on speedtest.net while the ping in-game shoots up to above 300 but that also shows that my ping is in single digits. Jitter and Packet Loss also looks good, but the only issue I have is with the ping jumping from around 73-80 to above 300. I have attached the UO trace ran from my pc, Hoping you could give me more info as to what is wrong

Also I want to mention that I am not the only person facing this as I have spoken to others that face this issue too

Message 4 of 7 (329 Views)

Community Manager
@Noot315 Looking over your UOTraces all of them are showing packet loss and higher ping times. To check you already tried Port Forwarding, Changing your DNS (not flushing but changing the one you use, I would recommend googles), and defaulting to an IPV4 address?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 7 (272 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium as I said that the packet loss was never the issue but the latency jumping from 70 to 300 was. I tried changing my DNS to google (I use Cloudflare) but noticed worse performance in networking. About the IPV4 address, I was defaulted to that since the start. Anyway I was a 100% sure it was the servers since all the other games worked fine for me and also I haven't had any PING SPIKES since the LEGACY UPDATE. So please thank the whoever made changes to the server it feels so much better now

Message 6 of 7 (244 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium the issue has started again and the ping just spikes from the normal 70ms to 500ms or so. I really don't know what is causing this or why but it really needs to be fixed. If you want I have a clip of it happening while I was in the firing range

Message 7 of 7 (191 Views)