Massive packet loss and high ping

by Atomic1110

Original Post

Massive packet loss and high ping

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello

For around a week now I've been experiencing large spikes in packet loss and ping.

The ping and packet loss before used to range between 48-54ms and 1-4% respectively.

Now they are all over the place with packet loss ranging from 20-30 and pings ranging from 75 and sometimes going north of 200 ms.

It's mostly the packet loss that is being a massive pain because the ping generally stays around that 75ms mark and is hence manageable but still not ok.

I am located in India, play on pc and connect to the Singapore servers.

I've tried everything the EA Help troubleshooting guide specifies and more.

My connection speed is 40 Mbps and I get 0% packet loss on speedtest.com.

I've attached my OU trace results with this post too for you to examine.

I know that asking for this to be fixed immediately sounds unreasonable but at least acknowledging that it exists and is being worked on will alleviate much of the frustration that this problem causes.

Message 1 of 19 (2,293 Views)

Re: Massive packet loss and high ping

★★★★★ Apprentice
Damn really out here with no updates. Awesome
Message 2 of 19 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I would really like someone to get in touch regarding this problem, please.
Message 3 of 19 (2,172 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Atomic1110 Good luck getting an official response. It seems quite a few people are having this problem, but little is being done about it. Unfortunately, too, there seems to be little connection between who it targets, which probably makes it more difficult to solve anyways. It's effected both PC and PS4 in multiple locations globally, and in my case, I'm the only one on my internet with the problem.
Message 4 of 19 (2,154 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ive been having the same problem for a week now, it seems to happen randomly

its all server side 100%

will anyone be able to help us with a solution? i 100% doubt it

Message 5 of 19 (2,143 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly, after 2 weeks didnt find a way to fix it until i plug the old modem/router i had that sync on higher ping (from 65 to 85+) and im getting 0% PL , but the game is not enjoyable at all.

Message 6 of 19 (2,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Beowulf-Validus You mean there are other PCs/consoles on your network that are experiencing no packet loss and are able to play the game smoothly?
Message 7 of 19 (2,089 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@mikogibo I'm hoping they will be able to address this issue with the bloodhound town takeover update.
Message 8 of 19 (2,089 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Atomic1110 Correct. As far as I know, everyone else is connected directly through ethernet, while I have to use a wireless wifi adapter, but I've been using it for two years without any such issue. I'll probably try getting a replacement to see if that helps.
Message 9 of 19 (2,049 Views)

★ Apprentice

Up until TODAY I haven't been having ANY server issues from Apex.

but today, the PACKET LOSS symbol keeps going on/off every other game.

The game is unplayable, it looks on my friends screens as if i am running as normal, but on my end its a 1-2 second studder and freezing in between.

Imagining trying to shoot someone that you cant see for 1 second and they "blink" from place to place as they strafe or move.

GGWP

Hope for an official fix for this!

Message 10 of 19 (2,037 Views)