Re: Massive packet loss and high ping

by Jc100555

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Yeah I've been having a similar issue, got a response asking to check a few things and after responding to them asking for some information on what was going on they just never got back to me. I managed to get the problem to go away twice now by updating my PC but clearly it isn't the cause of the issue because the problem has come back again. I'd have to assume that it might have to do with the wifi adapter that I have since I cannot use ethernet where I am right now, but when I was using ethernet before the problem never showed up

Message 11 of 19 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I think I might have fixed it.

Not completely sure though.

The problem seems to have gone away after I tried repairing the game in the origin launcher.

Strange because I tried this multiple times before and it didn't fix anything.

Anyway if you're still having trouble this is worth a try.

If you're not sure about how to do this here's how:

1.Open origin

2.My game library

3.Right-click on apex legends

4. Repair

Message 12 of 19 (749 Views)

★ Apprentice

For me, it seems to go away temporarily at random, although playing more seems to bring it back. A couple days ago I got away with a lot of games without issues, and the last few started getting them again, to the point where the last couple I played were unenjoyable.

Same thing yesterday. Played a good amount games without the issue, then the last few started getting worse. Thankfully me and my friends were done playing before it got too bad.

So while not playing doesn't seem to always fix it, playing a lot does seem to un-fix it.

Message 13 of 19 (731 Views)

★ Guide

All tell-tale signs of a server-side app with a memory leak. Lost performance over time. Scaling up and out won't fix the issue; it needs to get patched.

Message 14 of 19 (713 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having a strange issue these days. When I am on the jump ship at the start of the game everything is going smooth with no ping signs or anything. As soon as we jump off the ship the game starts showing packet loss, congestion and prediction error signs all together and they are there constantly without even blinking. This game is so broken man. I haven't played a single game of Apex since a month without latency issues.
Message 15 of 19 (681 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having same issues for a week. for me, I got like 70-75ping before but now I get 98-124 ping and 10-24% packet loss in Singapore server 

Message 16 of 19 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problem, has anyone helped you yet? or have you found a way to fix it?

Message 17 of 19 (545 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

It has to do with the crossplay beta I read up onto it in detail. I seen games do the crossplay beta and they never had this probably before so also the issue with the servers as well but that will be fixed soon. Hopefully bc I use my ethernet and I pay up to $200 on wifi the nest deal att  had so I ik it ain't no connection issue.  

Message 18 of 19 (454 Views)

★★ Novice
@Beowulf-Validus This are happening to us in South Africa too ! but EA dont care at all I stuck with high ping and packet loses I have for help but they came up with all testing but it don't help at all then they ask me if the problem ain't with my ISP and its and it's not
I love to play Apex but sins session 8 with all this problems i start to looks like Apex dont Want us to play any more by blocking us with this high ping and packet loses!!
I am busy moving back to Call of Duty if they dont give me soo much problems on they severs
Message 19 of 19 (334 Views)