Original Post

Re: fps drops

★ Guide
@SporeTank Same for me, i always drop a lot in grass areas...... :/
Message 201 of 222 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey, I am participating here because i still had problems after a hardware upgrade!

Nvidia 461.40, my Device:
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19309704

FPS Drop reason for me: 
- Texture Filtering 
- Ambient Occlusion Quality
- Sun Shadow Detail

All max:

FrameDrop3.jpg

That three settings at min:

FrameDrop4.jpg

I just don't see a reason there for losing so much fps!

Message 202 of 222 (1,390 Views)

★ Guide

@Tom0ve @EA_Illium

Yes, the problem is exactly that, I have to adjust all my graphics settings to a minimum to keep the game stable!
Please help us ea !

@Tom0ve  a écrit :

Hey, I am participating here because i still had problems after a hardware upgrade!

Nvidia 461.40, my Device:
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19309704

FPS Drop reason for me: 
- Texture Filtering 
- Ambient Occlusion Quality
- Sun Shadow Detail

All max:

FrameDrop3.jpg

That three settings at min:

FrameDrop4.jpg

I just don't see a reason there for losing so much fps!

Message 203 of 222 (1,377 Views)

★★ Pro
@Tom0ve Me too! After hardware upgrade, I just installed new SSD and put Apex installation there, I played season 7 & 8 just fine before, but then had to reinstall mid season after got a new SSD, and all of a sudden the game started stuttering like crazy.

Often dropped to 40fps especially in a gun fights, I'm so frustrated. I even tweaked videoconfig.txt but still the same results.
Message 204 of 222 (1,334 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The Problem is NOT your or my Hardware.....   Olympus need a optimization........

Message 205 of 222 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Any chance we can get this thread flagged to the dev team as it is not a hardware config issue but a game bug that needs patched

My i9 9900K + RTX 2080 should not be dipping below 140 FPS on a game like Apex Legends. Yet it goes as low as 60 FPS sometimes in grassland areas and in the waterfall area and this is now two seasons that is still there and this thread still has not been flagged to devs.

This thread might need moved to bug report rather than technical issues as it is a game bug not a hardware issue on client side.

Message 206 of 222 (1,250 Views)

Re: Massive fps drop season 7

★★★★★ Apprentice
@смокинг3131 The same problem. Everything is great on any other map. On Olympus, in places where there is a lot of grass, FPS drops from 120-140 to 50. These are some kind of optimization holes
Message 207 of 222 (1,076 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@excells_0 Maybe u have fps drops on olimpus , but for me olimpus its the smoothest map with all de fps drops , the other maps are a nightmare for my system , i can show u all the places where the fps drops suddenly from 100-130 down to low 60-80 and with the anti lag on with my rx580 8gb feels like * , and a funny fact . My friend have a gaming lapopt with 1660ti and ryzen 7 with 16 GB RAM and he have all the fps drops on same spots on all maps so this plaque IT is present since worlds edge was introduced , nothing its fixed , with every season the game runs slower and slower and im mad because i cant do 20 kills bomb because of the poor performance , and the servers ? Mannnnn strait trash especially in Rank ,but its strange that we experience those bad fps drops on completly different systems ....btw this never will be fixed , just buy ryzen 9 and rtx 3090 for apex If u want 144 fps on low 😂😂😂😂😂
Message 208 of 222 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that I have this problem too since the start of this season, cant freaking play properly now due to this weird FPS drop.. Even with low settings, its still the same, Steam or Origin, still the same, so Idk...

and please, do not tell me that its my PC, it used to be fine since day 1..

Specs:

RTX 2060

i5-8400

16 GB RAM

Message 209 of 222 (984 Views)

★★ Novice

Heyo to everyone.

I don't exactly have the same problem with going to the grassy part of Olympus but I do have frame drops too in general. Sadly, I don't have a solution yet too, I don't really know where to begin looking again.

A bit of context, I was playing with a few friends the other night. But randomly, my frames would go from 60 down to 20 or so. The weird thing is that before, I would usually get 100+ frames on Apex and without frame drops. I've had this problem for a few weeks now, even with other games I have on my laptop. To name a few, I've been having this problem with VALORANT, Apex Legends, Enlisted, and even Pulsar: Lost Colony. I'm not sure if this is the right place to go to but I don't know where else to look for help.

Things I've tried:
- Turn v-sync on and off. I tried turning the v-sync on in Apex Legends and turning it on in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I also tried turning both off, turning NVIDIA v-sync on but Apex Legends v-sync off, and vice versa.

- Following tutorials on YouTube. I followed what they did with the registry editor in Windows and the things they changed with the GameDVR. I also tried to copy other people's video settings. One of those tutorials also suggested to 'make sure that I use all of my computer's cores' and also downloading a software called Intelligent Standby List Cleaner (ISLC) which (I think) is supposed to make sure that nothing else eats up your ram except the game you are running. I did all those but my frames are still dropping.

- Updating the NVIDIA graphics card to the latest update. Windows is also updated.

- Clearing the temp folder and clearing the cache of my two disks.

- I made sure that Discord, internet browsers like Mozilla and Chrome, and anything that eats up my ram are closed. (Weird since I could usually play normally even with those on in the background).

- I have made sure that it is not a problem with the internet and that my laptop is plugged in when playing. I have also made sure that I have enough storage space in my laptop.

My specs:
My laptop: Lenovo Legion Y520- Windows 10 Home

- Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.800GHz

- 12GB RAM

- 64-bit

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Message 210 of 222 (953 Views)