by MrTux

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends FPS drop

★★★★★ Novice

same here, now in season 8 i am getting massive drops out of nowhere 

Message 191 of 222 (1,270 Views)

Re: fps drops

★★★★★ Guide
@wiseolddude the problem is still with stuttering, the game is unplayable I can't fix it, the only option is probably to buy a new computer from nasa: D
Message 192 of 222 (1,256 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@wiseolddude I will try it tomorrow , i installed a new m2 ssd , we will see
Message 193 of 222 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

Guys your PC specs are irrelevant if you have anything decent, you see people with a 3070 still having issues, it's not about power, it's about terrible optimization.

Message 194 of 222 (1,204 Views)

★ Guide
@SporeTank yeah and when we have low specs pc, the drops are most horrible
Message 195 of 222 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Out of curiosity do you get this error in event viewer under admin events while playing apex?  "Session "dfa2c640-651d-488d-a479-2fd7a7ca6e29" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022"

It's the only thing of note I noticed while playing Apex but it didn't happen every time the spike happened so I assume they are unrelated.

Had 4 games today with the first 2 games had no issues then 30 seconds after the first stutter happened I noticed that error pop up.Wierdly when the spike happened again 2 times later the error didn't pop up. (Always the same pattern frametimespike need I remind you.)

Message 196 of 222 (1,110 Views)

★★★★ Guide

so  , King's Canyon in Season 8 run normal for me......

i will wait for Olymus............

AND i found the new King Canyon great.....

Message 197 of 222 (1,080 Views)

★ Guide
@PeaceTank Confirm. Kings Canyon is butter smooth. Good optimization. Nvidia 461.40 driver.
Message 198 of 222 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Next Update.......Season 8

Olympus run a little bit better but not Perfect like King's Canyon.

King's Canyon run perfect for me.....

Olympus has FPS Drops in Grass Areas but not sooo strong as before.

Olympus need a little bit more of optimization........

Message 199 of 222 (940 Views)

★★★ Novice

So the new King's Canyon actually works fine, the difference in smoothness feels like playing another game.
Olympus is AWFUL. Awful. Gunfights in grass areas are near unplayable. I have 50-80 FPS but even at 80 it feels incredibly laggy and unresponsive, I don't k now why. Please lower the grass detail or something, there's obviously a real issue with that map.

Message 200 of 222 (889 Views)