Massive fps drop season 7

by MrTux

Original Post

fps drops

★★ Novice

Hello, as of lately ive been having some serious fps drops, i used to play with 100+ fps

now if i reach 100 is a miracle, i havent tried with other games so i cant say if its only in apex but it started happening some days ago

i have all my drivers up to date 

any else having this problems?

Message 121 of 222 (819 Views)

Re: Massive fps drop season 7

★★★★★ Novice

Noted.. So I did an update on the Nvidia driver (Silly me) and now my FPS dropped again.. Spent the whole day uninstalling using DDU and reinstalling the old driver and FPS is still unstable.. Finally what worked is I install the latest driver and use the Nvidia Performance tuning and let it auto OC the GPU. The rest is following the same steps I did previously below:-

Download the 442.74 Driver: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/442.74/442.74-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Download DDU 18.0.2.9 or Newer: http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18029-released 

Select Press {Win +r] > Msconfig > Boot(tab) > Boot Option> check the SAFE BOOT(minimal) ...

Apply and Reboot.

Run DDU

• Select: NVIDIA Software and drivers

• Select: Clean, do not restart Shutdown and Reboot.

•Back in normal Windows: Install the NVIDIA driver and go back to MSconfig > Boot Option > Unchecked safe boot

• Finish the Install

• Reboot 

My Apex FPS is running steadily at 144 fps.. :D

Hopefully this helps..

Message 122 of 222 (809 Views)

Re: fps drops

★ Pro
@CL_ZeroIV apex has become a bit more demanding imo.. some older drivers seem to work better for some..

you can try some of these in the videoconfig.txt:

setting.cl_ragdoll_self_collision – Change it to 0
setting.r_lod_switch_scale – Change it to 0.6 (you can change it to 0.5 if you have a lower-end PC)
setting.mat_depthfeather_enable Change it to 0
setting.csm_enabled - Change it to 0.

it is possible that for some reason apex resets these values, to prevent it you need to set the videoconfig.txt file to read only (after which you cannot use video setting option in apex)

also an update might reset all the values
Message 123 of 222 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

NVIDIA performance tuning is enable thru Nvidia Experince by checking the experimental features checkbox.

Message 124 of 222 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Don't forget to set back the performance settings in Nvidia control panel coz the settings will all be at default. 

Message 125 of 222 (801 Views)

★ Guide

Wierdly for me I get no crashes/freezes or major fps drops but I do get random micro stutters.Maybe instead of getting all that my pc is somehow powering trough it and  giving me random stutters instead (which are an not pleasing to look at)

Tried updating bios/gpu drivers (dducleaned) and no change.Has to be the game at this point.

Capture.PNG

Message 126 of 222 (766 Views)

★★ Novice
@Konform103 sorry im a bit of a noob in this stuff, how do i find the videoconfig file?
Message 127 of 222 (762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You will find it here: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local

Message 128 of 222 (717 Views)

Community Manager

An update went out yesterday for address some reported issues, anyone here that has not used a workaround posted, can you download the latest version and see if you continue to have issues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 129 of 222 (643 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_IlliumHello, there seems to be less fps issues but there is still a lot of loss in this area (see photo) and the location of the area.

I also want to clarify that there are also huge drops of fps at the waterfall.

Thank you for your help ! Standard smile

Apex Legends Screenshot 2021.01.17 - 10.14.48.15.png

Apex Legends Screenshot 2021.01.17 - 10.15.08.74.png

Apex Legends Screenshot 2021.01.17 - 10.16.52.92.png

Message 130 of 222 (594 Views)