Original Post

Re: fps drops

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Illium still nothing, still screen stuttering at 144fps
Message 131 of 222 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Illium  yep.Still getting that annoying random stutter once/twice a game.

I was wondering if maybe it was an issue with the game but it may also be the driver too.(tried like 3 different drivers so far all with the same issue)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Random-single-twice-per-game-stutter-in-apex-3080-Tried-d...

Message 132 of 222 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been dealing with severe FPS drops that have gotten even worse after the latest update.
GTX1070 ROG STRIX, 16GB RAM@3000Mhz, i5 9600k, game installed on my main M.2 970 Evo using a 1440p 144Hz monitor (as if it would ever reach that...).

In chill areas during looting mode I get 90-120FPS, but in big open areas, where there's grass or lots of visual effects like smoke, bullets, airstrikes, aiming down sights etc. it can go down to 40-50FPS, which is such a harsh drop that I often lose a fight just because of the performance issues, as you can understand it's super frustrating. I already tried every troubleshooting step imaginable but given the number of players that have this issue I can see it's not on my end for sure.
I am 100% certain it's an optimization issue because even lowering the resolution doesn't fix the problem, yes I get more FPS but in those specific situations I still get drops below 60.
The only thing that helps is disabling AA, that actually gives me enough FPS to push through the drops but the game looks absolutely terrible. I enabled FXAA 2x from the Nvidia control panel to make it somewhat bearable. It's not much of a solution though, considering how the game looks with the lowered settings it should NOT run this badly. I can't believe a simple smoke or explosion/waterfall effect causes a 60+ FPS hit, come on.
Also, sometimes the game doesn't feel smooth even when running at high frames, with Vsync off. I've seen a lot of users report this too.

Message 133 of 222 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SporeTank  yeah, same problem for me with my GTX 1060 MSI Armor

Message 134 of 222 (524 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also forgot to mention that it's much worse on Olympus: depending on the area it's 10-20 FPS less than the other two maps and in some grassy areas or the waterfall area the performance is steadily terrible even without any action going on. I actively try to avoid fighting or even looting in those areas to avoid getting killed at 40 glorious frames per second.
King's Canyon seems to be the best-running map by a large margin.

Some other things that tank performance are Gibby's ult, Caustic traps, aiming down sights with scopes from close range (from afar it seems the level of detail goes way down so it's not as bad), fast/sudden movement and Bloodhound ult's visual filter.

Message 135 of 222 (509 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Illium There is really a big problem, before I could play Apex with the graphics in ultra, now I have to play in medium ...

Message 136 of 222 (499 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SporeTank For example olimpus runn better on my system than world edge , that specific map for my rx 580 8 GB it's a nightmare , it's droping from 130-140 fps down to 60-70 and stuttering , yeeeey esports ready u know 😅
Message 137 of 222 (436 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And also to mention , those fps drops are some coding problems , i could reproduce this drops on every maps, there are specific areas where the fps drops suddenly , for exemple on worlds edge the fps drops in central area , every time . Soo this has nothing to do with our drivers or system , the game its just not optimized , i tried to fix the problem in all seasons since worlds edge was introduced , and i cant fix IT , and with every season more problems , and the fps drops more on more , the only fix ? Buy rtx 3090 and ryzen 9 to play apex 😂😂😂😂😂

Message 138 of 222 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LILmayo221 Yea Wink game is terrible optimized
Message 139 of 222 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
when season 8 comes out, the game will not be playable in terms of optimization Wink
Message 140 of 222 (400 Views)