Re: Massive fps drop season 7

by yajusdead

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

same Frown

and also using 6-8x scope in areas with grass killing my PC with FPS drop from 100 to 15

RX 588

r5 2600

16 gb 3200

Message 11 of 222 (2,922 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, have the same issue. Playing on RTX 3090 at 3440x1440. Got over 200+ FPS everywhere, but when on grass areas the FPS goes down to even 120. It is way too much.

Message 12 of 222 (2,907 Views)

★ Apprentice

PS4 too

Message 13 of 222 (2,887 Views)

★ Apprentice

same issue here. waterfalls, and ANY open area with grass severely drop my frames to 40-50fps, until i hit a new area of the map. whereas im easily getting my capped frames (75hz) everywhere else, all the time.

i5 haswell

GTX 970

12GB RAM

Samsung SSD

Message 14 of 222 (2,871 Views)

★ Guide
What do you think about the problem?
Is there a way to fix it?
Message 15 of 222 (2,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue, makes me unmotivated to play the game.

Message 16 of 222 (2,836 Views)

★ Apprentice

hey guys i had this problem, the whole game was messing up for me, i thought it was bc of the new map. I started changing every setting possible, tried everything! I then switched from Origin to Steam where i had to download a FRESH new copy of Apex Legends and that fixed it!!! So my suggestion to all is to uninstall and reinstall Apex.

My Specs

64GB 3200 MHZ

Radeon VII

Message 17 of 222 (2,819 Views)

Massive FPS drops near enemies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi my rig is not top of the line but I run most triple A games with medium settings with 60 fps as I did this game until mid of the season 5 when it started heavily dropping FPS to 12,13 whenever an enemy is nearby or whenever they shoot. This happens like 50% of the times and season 7 has made it even worse with massive FPS drops on grass and in open fields. I MEAN WHAT THE HELL EA.... PLZ FIX THE FPS FOR THE ENEMY GLITCH AT LEAST... ITS BEEN THERE SINCE BEGINNING!!! (Edit) I forgot to mention that this account is made just now just to post this thread because you WOULDN'T LET ME SIGN IN to my original, EA.. It says there's some technical issues... I seriously think I have to drop Apex because of the massive bugs ngl and these issues

Message 18 of 222 (2,439 Views)

Re: Massive FPS drops near enemies

Champion
@devilKickTen Could you please let me know what hardware your pc have and what grafic settings you have ingame?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 222 (2,435 Views)

★ Guide
@yajusdead Nah, this is not the case. Did the same, twice. No matter if on Origin's game launcher, or Steam - FPS drops are connected with bad in-game optimization. Just notice that going from bilinear texture's filtering to 16x this increases GPU usage by 20%! It is insane, because I am on RTX 3090...
Message 20 of 222 (2,803 Views)