Massive button delays in FIFA 20

by touhid1259

Original Post

Highlighted

Massive button delays in FIFA 20

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi

Recently, I am having lots of button delays in FUT Champions game, rivals game or draft game.... actually any online game I tried to play. There were always some button delay issues during my gaming session like in average 7-10 times in 20 games which is somewhat bearable. But recently, in last 4 - 5 days, I am not able to play a single game without button delays. In every match, I am experiencing button delays like more than 10 times. I barely managed 9 wins in FUT champions with all these delays. After my opponent's corners, button delays are very persistent. It remains for at least 5 seconds. I can not switch players, no direction works and players move to unintended directions or just stand still.

So, can you please help me in this regard. I am playing in PC and I live in Germany. It just become very annoying and not enjoyable. 

Kind regards

Touhid

Edit: Moved to FIFA 20 forum - CM

Message 1 of 29 (505 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Massive button delays in FIFA 20

Community Manager

Hi there, @touhid1259.

I'll try to help find out why you're experiencing so much lag. First, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem and router. Also, shut down your PC. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Start up your PC and try playing again. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Message 2 of 29 (457 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your steps and tried to play several rivals game. I was able to play 2 games without any lag or button delay out of approximately 10 games. Other games  had some kind of button delay issues. The steps made it little bit better. But i had better sessions before. Normally, there would be maximum 2 matches with these delays out of 10 or 15 matches and other matches would be smooth or with very little issues which are ignorable. So, it wiil be really great if the past experience comes back and these issue goes away for good.

Regards 

Touhid

Message 3 of 29 (430 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

I'm glad to hear it helped some, but we should keep trying to get the delay cleared up. Possibly, alternate DNS servers will help. Try following the steps here. Let me know what happens.

Message 4 of 29 (387 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi

It is completely unplayable now. Whatever DNS server configuration I use. I tried your suggestion and also tried to play with previous configuration. I think, something has been done in the game in the last week. Because, this massive delay issue came into existence last Thursday or Friday. I never experienced such issues in FIFA 20. In last 5-7 days, I was able to play only two matches without any problem. I just earned an absolute feat, i.e., my division rival skill rating is now ZERO 0. Because, I had to forfeit like more than 30 matches may be. Just before this comment, I have forfeited 5 matches due to this button delays. It is very very frustrating... I am loosing my optimism. I will try again because I like playing FIFA but if it stays like this then it is just SAD.

Regards

Touhid

Message 5 of 29 (353 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

I'm sorry to hear that. We'll keep trying to find out what's happening. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions are here

Message 6 of 29 (350 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

HI

The UO trace is attached. I hope, this leads to find a solution!!

Regards

Touhid

Message 7 of 29 (328 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

Thank you. You start getting some high pings with the 5th hop. Those could make you lag/disconnect. What country are you in?

Message 8 of 29 (310 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I am living in Germany.

Message 9 of 29 (290 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

In that case, try running the test again, but use the European IP in the instructions.

Message 10 of 29 (281 Views)
Twitter Stream