Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Massive button delays in FIFA 20

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Hi @hamsik1947

Sorry to hear mate. What can we do!! It is frustrating and completely unbelievable. It looks like, some thing happened with the server. My latency indication is always below 25ms but i am experiencing this. We can only hope that, the issue gets fixed and we can again enjoy playing it.
Message 21 of 29 (311 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

I watched a couple minutes of your video and didn't see any issues. Your players look like they're making precise movements. So, I don't know why you're seeing lag in your matches. Your UO Trace and video look good. You could try opening the ports for FIFA. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Message 22 of 29 (308 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Alj, if you see the first 35-50 seconds you would see the issue. During this time the player switch is not properly working and player running straight to the opponent players. If you see 2:05 to 2:10, you will see that my player is just keep running and running in the back of the goal post. And after that upto 2:20 mins there is no switch of players. Also from 3:10 to 3:20, you will see that i am conceding a goal because my goalkeeper performing a move which i don't even asked it to do. Just after that, at 3:30 to 3:35 the players are just standing still. At 6:50 - 6:55 , you will see that, my player just runs the ball out of the field. From 7:00 to 7:20, player switch does not work, and my goalkeeper just stand still although i am trying to move him. From 8:00 to 8:10 you will see that my player is performing actions that i did not perform. There are more through out the game. But, you just said that you did not see any issues. That is very weird. May be you are observing the opponent. I am playing with black jersy and red tick over the head. It will be really helpful if you could see the whole video. You will get the idea, i am talking about. The thing is, you may think that i am performing all the actions in the video. But the thing is i am not. Hopefully, you see the video and understand my problem.
Message 23 of 29 (290 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@touhid1259 don't get your hopes up, he will tell you to buy new equipment or something, but he will never see anything wrong in a video, even if you'd put the controller on screen, they won't see it. The game in this state is a pile of horse manure and if they do not vow to solve these problems, they will lose a lot of their player base. And those are the players in the countries that can actually afford their surprise mechanics. The game should be banned in the EU for enabling minors to gamble... And for bad practices overall...

Message 24 of 29 (259 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_AljoInstead of saying these "space for a dirty word", telling him the truth, EA's servers are few and always overloaded. STOP THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR THAT YOU AND OTHER EA MANAGERS have! Stop it now and admit it is EA's fault !!
STOP MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND RESPECT THOSE WHO BOUGHT THIS "GAME"
YOU UNDERSTAND!!!

Message 25 of 29 (223 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

I can see what you mean. It looks like your players aren't responding to your controls. Even though I can't see your controller, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that what your doing with the controller isn't responding. That's normally a packet loss and/or high ping time issue. We're not seeing those so far with your UO Trace. Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection?

Message 26 of 29 (184 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@EA_Aljo A miracle! He can see! It's the end of the world!!! (ironic) 😮
Message 27 of 29 (176 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Aljo 

I am playing on a wired connection. The thing is, everything was working before with very small button delay issues, like once or twice in every 5 matches. It suddenly became, unplayable. This same thing happened with fifa 19 also which I already mentioned in my previous comments. So, my understanding is that, may be the server I normally gets connected to during my online game gets less performance support or something else at the end period of the game's life cycle. But what I know!! I can only assume. Hopefully, you can give me some better answers and solution for which i am eagerly waiting for.

Regards 

Touhid

Message 28 of 29 (172 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@touhid1259 

That's good you're wired. It's much better than wireless. There's a lot more going on than our servers and your equipment. There are hops in the middle that are under the control of your ISP. The servers aren't performing worse later in a game's lifecycle. They're maintained the same all the time. It could be any number of things causing you to experience input lag. Especially with the pandemic currently happening, that is bogging down the internet worldwide due to the higher than normal traffic it's experiencing.

One other thing to check is the wire to make sure there's no damage to it. Also, can you try contacting your ISP and ask if they can open those ports for you? Since your router doesn't support that, it makes me think you may not have a router that can handle gaming very well. I had this problem myself and once I replaced the modem/router with my own equipment, my connection improved dramatically.

Message 29 of 29 (148 Views)
Twitter Stream