Massive Ping only in BF1 Oct/9/18

by waifurekker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Massive Ping only in BF1 Oct/9/18

★★★ Newbie

I am getting ping in the thousands, only in Battlefield 1 as of today. Server browser would show normal ping, but when i load into the match my ping skyrockets to about ~2000. No other game or program is doing this, and I am only experiencing it today

Message 1 of 12 (991 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Massive Ping only in BF1 Oct/9/18

Community Manager

Hey all,

I know from personal experience it's extremely tough to have fun and get things done on the battlefield when you're experiencing some high ping. We'll make sure this is monitored and let the DICE team know about these reports. With that said, we do recommend going through the steps as @iluminatethesky has pointed out earlier in the thread. We also recommend taking a look at the select port numbers for our titles if you're familiar or interested in opening ports for connection issues.

Port forwarding: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Whenever I come across some lag in a game I try the following steps to see if I can find the lowest ping server for my region:

• Go to your server browser filter settings
  • Select the option to reset everything back to default settings
  • Go to player slots and select "1-5, 6-10, and NONE."
  • *It's important not to adjust anything else from the filter*
  • Sort by ping at the server list. You should see the servers with the lowest overall pings showing up at the top

Hope that helps! 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (911 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @waifurekker,

Have you tried any of the connection troubleshooting steps to resolve this?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Try these, and let us know if anything improves.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I restarted my computer and router and the game worked for approximately 30 minutes before resuming with the massive ping spikes. I switched to a personal hotspot from my phone and it seemed to alleviate the issue. I then followed the tips on the EA Help page and ran a UO Trace of my network. As for the results, I only received a %loss of 0 or 100%, and the pings best/worst ranged from 20best/50worst to 20best/200worst. They seem pretty normal to me. I also ran a speed test resulting in a normal 15 down 2 up at a local server. I am not sure where else to take it.

Message 3 of 12 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Any change the numbers were like this? https://twitter.com/UP_Community/status/1049314625764954112

The BF1 servers in general are having issues lately (at least in EU).
Message 4 of 12 (946 Views)

Community Manager

@waifurekker Can you post the full UO Trace so that we can take a look at it in case something pops out?

Darko.png
Message 5 of 12 (919 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got the same issue.  The server pings are very high, 146ms ping is what's usually displayed.  I've reset the router, PC etc and it's still very high.  If I ping several different websites, all come back at around 22 to 25 ms.  Could someone from EA/DICE please look into this as it's been like this for a few days now...

Message 6 of 12 (882 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Xx-Mythril-xX,

I would recommend trying some of these steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Also, I would advise doing a UOTrace, and getting in contact with EA Support via Live Chat so they can take a look at it, and let you know if there's any issues.

The steps for the UOTrace are in the link above, and the link for EA Support is here:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Hope this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

I'm currently onto EA Live Chat.  All of the above has been completed including the Trace.  There's definitely an issue.  Soon as I hit the EA servers, the ping goes up to 90+.  I'll update with any new information.

Message 8 of 12 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As of october 18th, on an EU server, I maxed out at about 7000ms...

Message 9 of 12 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue 

I from chile, and always play in one favorite server (normal ping 120ms) now i get + 100ms more

since last friday

i test with 159.153.68.252

Unknown Host * 5.53.5.62 7 130ms
* Unknown Host * 94.142.125.165 8 132ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 9 0ms
* Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 10 0ms
* Unknown Host * 4.28.172.102 11 206ms (level 3)

Message 10 of 12 (723 Views)